1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Deals From Under the Deck...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Plunge, May 24, 2006.

1. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Holy Shit, pal!!!
    The interaction of meds damned near done ya in?
    Whew, sounds like some serious scolding of the docs is in order!

Ya, I know you depend upon their expertise, but damn!
    I think you need to kick some ass about this!

My brother went through much this same thing.
    Then he seriously read up, and it got to the point where the docs <i>asked him</i> if HE thought this or that drug was a good idea. ;)

I'm relieved to hear you're ok!
    Regards,

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Yeah the pharmacy should know these interactions as well. Damn plunge good to hear you're ok :)

3. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Wow! Glad to hear you survived this! Hang in there, okay?

4. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I find it amazing about you that you call it a minor setback. I would be skitzing beyond belief. We love ya Plunge. :)

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

Dang Plunge you "broke" my BP record of 60/30 the day after bypass heart surgery!

Your BP was very dangerously low. When you get down in the twenties you are looking at possble imminent death. It is not an absolute and each case is unique but as you found out your HP kind of goes out the window in the area you entered.

Glad you are OK. You are a good example why people who are sick with certain things simply should not be left alone or at the very least checked on regularly.

6. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

Detox is over, except for the digestive system which I guess can take months to right itself.

Right now, i'm getting lidocaine shots directly into my hip every 3 days to control the pain. Works great unless they hit the cyatic (sp?) nerve, then my entire leg goes numb. Not good for walking.

A new problem has cropped up. My toes were numb with the edema. Now, from about a quarter of an inch below my toes to the ends is on fire. Not your normal fire, but you know that burning feeling you get when you put your hands into ice filled water? That feeling. It gets worse as the day goes on, really sucks.

Anyway, see the doc here soon.

Of course, I also have that mess with my dog and her upcoming surgery. grrrr...

On the good news side, I'm working for a former client again, good friend as well. When he learned what was going on, insisted that I use a company jet (lear 23) to commute to Denver and back. It has really been a lifesaver. The only downside is the pilot is a former F-111 pilot. He enjoys reving the engines high, releasing the brakes, screaming down the runway, lifting off a few feet in the air, pulling in the landing gear then taking us verticle until we reach cruising altitude. Sends my stomach to my throat, my own personal rollercoaster extreme.

7. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Plunge,

Duncan, my 13 year old Irish Setter pup, has had some problems the last few years, including the removal of a cyst on his spinal cord a couple of years ago, that was squishing the nerves that controlled his rear legs.
    It hasn't been easy for him, but he still seems to enjoy the hell out of life!
    My wife and I often refer to him as "trucker", because he keeps trucking along, living life, no matter what gets in his way.

You've got the same spirit as Duncan.
    You've had more shit thrown your way than I can comprehend, yet you keep on 'truckin', enjoying life.

I wish you and your pup well, and I hope you'll forgive me if I think of you as a Trucker.

Regards,
    Joe

8. Violet1966

Good news Plunge and wish the best as well for your dog :)

So your doctor is in Denver? Every 3 days you have to go to Denver for the shots? :(

9. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

No, Denver is where I am working. So, I commute there for work and home. It's a 50 minute flight in the lear from Provo. Leave in the AM, come back late normally. I'm home today with my own dr stuff and the dog.

I get my shots either in Provo or Denver, depending. Either place it has to be done at the hospital.

10. Violet1966

Sweet way to commute ;)

11. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I was thinking about Scott today and was re-reading this thread. I miss him...

12. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I too think of Plunge and while I know his name is Scott, I have always thought of him as Plunge.
    There was a recent post about Korea, north and south and negotiations. I would have loved his input, which I'm sure would have been the north is full of shit. It's good we remember him.

13. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

He'll never be forgotten.

14. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

No, he won't.

Hell, he is still in the top-10 on GA's folding@home team :)

15. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

The chapter of our lives with Scott is over, and it's impossible for his friends to 'move on' without thinking of him from time to time.
    Thus, his eternity.

Indeed, a remarkable man, truly missed.

Regards,