1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Deals From Under the Deck...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Plunge, May 24, 2006.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Great news!

2. ravital

ravital Banned

Awesome news, so glad to hear it!

And I'm sure the rest of it will go just as well or better. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Wonderful news!

3. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

A long time since I've updated this thread.

My heart continues the slow decline.

I continue to lose weight.

We, docs and I, search for the proper mix of meds to keep the edema down and still allow for pain relief. Changing high blood pressure meds has helped in this regard allowing me to have some stronger pain meds without a reoccurance of the edema. It's still kind of a crap shoot though.

Beyond this, I've lost some other functionality. My body is no longer producing/synthesizing (not sure which is the right word to use there) vitamin D. My thyroid is working at about 1/2 strength and my little buddies, the jewels of the family, have finally stopped producing testosterone. Luckily, there are supplements for all of these things.

I now get my vitamin D through a once a week, 50,000 unit pill. Thyroid is a synthetic I take every morning and testosterone is a cream that I just rub a small dollup (about the size of a pea) into my thigh in the morning.

So, things are pretty much as they have been, especially since the new stuff all have good solutions that seem to work just fine. I certainly can't tell the difference between when my body was producing those things and now that I get it via supplements. Thank goodness for modern medicine.

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Plunge,

Please be assured that you remain in all of our prayers and thoughts. We all are pulling for you to get better. Please hang in there and keep on keepin' on.

5. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Well things moving in a positive direction is a good thing and it's so true.....modern medicine is amazing. Hope you continue to feel better every day and good as new soon :)

6. Plunge

We've finally come to the conclusion that opiods and my body just aren't compatible. So, I'm on day 3 of detox. I was taking 270 mg of morphine a day at the end so this detox is not pleasant. Don't be shocked if you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks.

7. Violet1966

Oh Jeez Plunge. Will say prayers for you. Be strong. You can do it :)

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Best of luck, man.

9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Best wishes and prayers, Plunge.

Brian

10. mikeky

mikeky Member

Best wishes as you go through this.

11. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

I'm 'praying' for you man!
    If anyone deserves to pull through this, it's you.

Good luck in finding the proper meds, according to our wonderous group of highly trained medical professionals.

You're in my thoughts, everyday.
    Regards,

12. Arc

Arc Full Member

I will be thinking about you and continually wishing for a good outcome. All my best.

13. ravital

ravital Banned

Best wishes and prayers for you, and your loved ones. Stay strong.

14. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Don't ever think there aren't a couple of dozen people pulling for you. Good Luck with your detox, and I hope you find another painkiller that doesn't kill you.

15. Colin

Colin life victorious

Do your best man! I'm thinking of ya!!

16. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

We love ya Plunge. {{{{hugs}}}}

17. Plunge

Thanks for the support all. This REALLY sucks rocks, I mean really sucks. Anyone stupid enough to get addicted to heroin or the like are in for pure hell when they finally decide to come clean. Morphine is bad enough.

Anyway, just letting you know I'm still alive and hanging in.

18. Violet1966

So good to hear plunge! :)

What kind of pain are they trying to control? Be happy they didn't give you methadone for pain managemen. Friend is going through this right now. Not very easy to come off of methadone used for pain. He has back problems but developed gout and they suspect it could be related to the methadone. The doctors told him how to slowly decrease the dosage daily. If not, it's worse then coming off of heroin. I hope he has the same success as you.

19. Plunge

minor set back today. I woke up and literally couldn't walk 10 ft. My wife called the doc and said we were on the way. They got me in and during the basic tests, couldn't find a blood pressure. They immediately transferred me to the hospital. They finally found my blood pressure at 40/28. It seems that one of the drugs they gave me to help with detox interacted with my blood pressure med. I'm home now as my medicine began to wear off and blood pressure started to come back up. They released me when it hit 80/60.

Anyway, home and hoping I've seen the worst of this.

20. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Damn Plunge, I'm glad you are OK. Hang in there bud!!