1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life Deals From Under the Deck...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Plunge, May 24, 2006.

1. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

Well, surgery 6 begins at 8:00 AM MST tomorrow, Wednesday, November 29th. Wooooo!

I'm seriously hoping this is the last one for a while. Surgery upon surgery upon surgery with little time to recover in between gets old fast. Especially since the asshole of a surgeon really doesn't understand pain management. The guy is brilliant when it comes to veins, at least according to some other doctors who opinions I trust implicitly. But when it comes to pain, he's an utter moron. He refuses to understand that I am narcotic tolerant. He actually had the gall to say for this kind of procedure he prescribes Percocet and never anything else. He looks at my chart and says my current level of pain medication should be enough to cover the surgery as well. FREAKIN MORON.

After my last surgery I ended up filling a tub with ice and water and used that to basically numb my leg so I could endure the pain. You keep adding surgery upon surgery before the previous one heals and the pain level keeps increasing. I can handle a boatload of pain, I have an incredibly high pain tolerance level. But there is finally a point where I just can't handle it any longer. That basically hit after this last surgery.

Thank goodness my family doctor isn't a moron, in fact, his specialty is pain management. This time I have enough morphine for 3 days after the surgery. That should be plenty. I also have plenty of ice, bought 10 bags today. Good thing it is only about 10 degrees outside so it won't melt.

My family doctor says surgeons are the WORST when it comes to pain management. That is hard to understand, at least for me. You would think they would be among the best considering the amount of pain they must see.

Anyway, enough venting. I'll let you know how it goes.

2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Dude, hang in there.
    :sohelpmegod: :sohelpmegod: :sohelpmegod:

3. Plunge

Thanks for letting me vent last night, I'm better this AM. Surgery is in 50 minutes. I've creamed my leg with the numbing cream and saran wrapped it per instructions. I'll take my valium, morphine and keflex (antibiotic) in 20 minutes and then head for the hospital.

It snowed 6 inches last night so the drive could be interesting.

See you all later today probably.

4. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Good luck Scott and give those nurses hell!! :)

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Best of luck, and we'll see you in a bit!

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Good luck! Hope to see you back here ASAP.

Brian

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Hang in there, buddy!

SM

8. ravital

ravital Banned

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well, let us know, when you can.

Best of luck!

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Best of luck, Scott.

10. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Good thoughts from Tennessee. Hope everything goes right, and you achieve the objectives that you are aiming for.

11. Plunge

Surgery went very well. It is amazing how much they can do and still send you home as soon as they are done. You have to be dying before they hospitalize you.

Anyway, with ice and pain meds, I'm doing quite well and the surgery, according to the doc, was an unqualified success.

So, that's it for now, hopefully, when all heals, things will be good.

12. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Glad to hear it! :clap:

SM

13. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

:thumbsup:

14. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Great news!!

15. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Good for you Plunge.

16. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Ooooooo RAH!

17. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Excellent news, Plunge, simply excellent! :)

18. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

YAY! We love ya Plunge!

19. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Awesome news man!

20. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Glad to hear it. Hopefully this will turn the corner and get things back to the way they are supposed to be.
    :happy::happy::happy: