1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lieberman to run for President

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Techie2000, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

<A HREF="http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ct--liebermanreax0113jan13,0,2367517.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire">Story Here</A>

Personally I hope he does not get past the primaries. He seems too much like a Demopublican (a republican disguised as a democrat or vice-versa) to me, at least as far as issues of defense goes. I'm personally hoping Dodd will run...

2. jamming

jamming Banned

I hope Doddles' runs too ;)

3. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

I'll be satisfied at laughing at any Democrat who thinks he or... heh heh heh... "she" has a snowball's chance in Hell. LOL! :)

4. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

That is exactly what you, me and everybody else in this country thought in the couple of months after Desert Storm.

If things go into the crapper with either Iraq, North Korea, the war against terrorism, or some other similar significant major setback GW will be out.

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

It is also worth pointing out that the achilles heel of Bush 41 could very well end up being a genetic marker with respects to Bush 43.

6. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

True, but I'll bet $1000 <small>(REAL MONEY)</SMALL> that none of the above will happen.

Any takers? Serious replies only, please. :_

7. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

The Dems may have someone that could pull it out without regard to what happens in Iraq or Korea. Watch Wesley Clark closely. I suspect if he decides to run, he could very well end up as the next president.

8. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Got a grand handy? I do. :)

9. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I remember Dems who were hoping GWB would run. Easy target they thought. Right or Wong, the American Voter is fickle.

wapu

10. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

A man who has 820 posts but only one GA dollar should not wager.

And the odds you are giving are?

11. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I think I'll hold off on declaring right now who I would like to see run for President, as I don't really know any of the alternate candidates - I don't like Lieberman (have you noticed how the first part of his name is "LIE"... hrmmm). And I don't know any of the other potential candidates. Need to know more about them.

12. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

From the Dems, Bush's only competition will come from Clark...if he decides to run.

Leiberman MIGHT have had a chance, if he wasn't automatically thought of as Gore's former running mate.

The Democrats are pretty much shut out of this show.

SM

13. Coot

Clinton may have whacked Clark, but there are some similarities. Col. David Hackworth on Clark and Clinton:

14. Sierra Mike

Well, Hackworth is a bit inaccurate, which is nothing new. Clark wanted to pound 'em to sand...but Bill wouldn't allow it. :)

And Stormin' Norman was no muddy-boots CinC...that's fallacy. Schwarzkopf is pretty well known in the Army as The Intimidator, which means he yelled a lot and made other people do the dirty work.

SM

15. pupowski

pupowski Banned

Lieberman seems confused about what party he belongs to, and whether he represents the State of Israel, or the US State of Conneticut. On the plus side, he brings some much needed moderate-conservative influence to the party. Democrats can do better than Lieberman, Daschle, and other tired horses.

16. Sierra Mike

Agreed, but who, though?

SM

17. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Ummmm... What part of REAL MONEY didn't you understand? ;)

18. Coot

One name that comes to mind is Zell Miller, a conservative democrat with a very respectable voting record. The downside is that he's from Georgia, and well, we all know what the baggage is there, from a historical perspective.

19. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Oh great.. Another damned peanut farmer!

20. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

George the senior lost because during the 1988 campaign he made a lot of mileage from saying "Read my lips, no new taxes." He raised taxes.

George the junior won the 2000 election by getting the moderate vote that was afraid of Gore's liberal side. Bush is losing that same moderate vote because of his trampling of our rights and his religious right agenda. If the dems go with somebody as moderate as Clark they have a damn good chance. Bush would have to have a very good run with Iraq, the economy and no big terrorist losses to regain the White House if the dems are just a tad smarter than they are looking so far.