1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Waitress Berated for Her Lifestyle

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Nov 26, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Best comment following the story...

"There will never be enough hatred for those who can profit from it."

ethics likes this.
  3. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

The Tawana Brawley of Alternative Lifestyles?

ethics likes this.
  4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'd give that a tie with this one:

"There's enough hate and intolerance in the world that to create it when it wasn't there is shameful."

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

But, this has been the MO for many in the gay community for years. Now when they're starting to see equality, they're loosing the spotlight and some aren't happy and want more.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Love her comment that any cc statement can be faked. Im sure her employer will enjoy the cc company investigation into possible fraud.

7. Copzilla

Her employer already won't release the CC statement that they used to charge the account. I'll bet anything the one this waitress has is a reprint and the signature is a forgery. They already know, dude, but don't want all the negative publicity. They want the entire thing to go away.

If they were smart, the first thing they would have done is verify what the waitress was saying against their records... And then fire her ass for lying and trying to make shit up about one of their clients. But they didn't, and now it's in the open, a bell that can't be un-rung.

8. ethics

Yep, and I bet you IF they did the right thing and fired her, came out with a statement that they are a family place with family values -- meaning they don't appreciate and tolerate lying assholes no matter their gender or sexual preference, they would be booked through the New Years.

All I am hearing is how NJ residents here will skip that place if they are around the area.

9. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Holy cow, how low can you go!

10. Allene

Allene Registered User

They'd probably have fired her right away if she wasn't a lesbian.

11. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

12. Copzilla

Checking those credit card records is easy as digging through that day's receipts. Credit card statement tips are simply added in at the end of the day onto the credit card bill, and restaurants keep those receipts in case anyone disputes them.

Seriously, for them to say they are investigating it is a joke. The ONLY way I could see this being necessary is if they ship those records off to a corporate location. Even then, with national publicity, the corporate office would be able to dedicate resources and expedite this process.

13. ethics

14. Copzilla

Wow, even her lesbian ex-lovers say she is a scam artist.

You know, at this point I have to be impressed by the LGBT community in condemning her. Because all too many times, these interest groups stand by their people waaaaaaaay waaaaay waaaaay too long.

Are you listening, Al Sharpton, you fucking pig of a human being?

ethics likes this.
  15. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Wow. It's interesting to me though that more people in similar situations don't come forward. Suggests to me that this really does happen pretty often.

ethics likes this.
  16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Or they're not aware of it. Generally, the "receipt stories" normally don't make it to the news.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ethics likes this.
  18. Sierra Mike

"Is she at least gay?" LOL

Copzilla likes this.
  19. Sierra Mike

And "Liesbian"...ha-ha!

20. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'll bet my ass that she asks her friends to call her "Dan" when she's not at work.

Although I believe the customers's story, it is of course obvious that they could have put anything they wanted on their slip at any time. It isn't a copy, it's just a second piece of paper with similar information printed on it. The merchant copy has language "I agree to pay the above total amount according to card issuer agreement" while the customer copy skips over that and says "Please rate your dining experience..." I'd rate NBC New York as authoritative, and would be surprised if their reporter didn't verify she was looking at the original of the customers' credit card statement. Based upon this I conclude the customers are telling the truth and the waitress was lying.

It's odd that the waitress had a copy at all. Although I've never done that job, I presume the waiters and waitresses turn in their copies so that the credit pre-authorization (shown the same amount on both slips because they were printed before they were presented to the customer) that the pre-authorization can be updated to the final charge.

But why would the restaurant give the charge draft back to the waitress? The most likely explanation I can think of is that the waitress photographed the charge draft before turning it in. To me it looks sort of difficult to have photo shopped the image to delete the tip and change the final amount (but do-able). But here's where it gets strange for me. How did the waitress print the 'shopped image back onto the type of paper used for charge drafts, so that she could show it around. I'm no expert (far from it) but that's over my skill level for sure, to print a doctored charge draft that looks and feels like a real charge draft.

And the restaurant is investigating it? I presume they keep copies of charge drafts for some period of time (perhaps 3-4) months, but you can be sure they don't throw the copies into a big bin. They gotta be filed one folder per date so that if there is a disagreement the original copy can be easily found. It should have taken the manager perhaps 15 or 20 minutes to go find the restaurant's original charge draft. I take the statement "we have no comment pending an internal investigation" to mean "we don't want to get into it and wish the whole thing would just go away" and "don't hold your breath waiting for the results of our investigation."

So how does a waitress retain a copy of the merchant copy of a charge draft, photo shop it, and then show around and have it be a believable copy? Or did she just post the image on her blog and never showed anybody a hard copy?

I for one would like to see proof she donated a reasonable amount of money (total of whatever she was quoted as saying it was) to the Wounded Warriors Project, although posting a picture on her blog won't convince me for sure.

I tried to track down the original source for the statement from the Marine spokesman and the closest I got was this:
    Unfortunately it was difficult to determine if they are the original source, or if the email is authoritative. (In chasing around the source there were many instances of circular attributions.) However, if the email is truth then Morales lied about serving in Iraq/Afghanistan, and particularly, she was terminated from the Marine Reserves but did not fulfill her reserve obligation. That she had more or less a dishonorable discharge more than anything else indicates to me an extreme likelihood that she's lying about the whole thing.

But how did she come up with the faked charge draft? Good at Photo Shop?