1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leave Conversation? (PMs and new software)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Greg, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

Upon wanting to delete a conversation I get (as best as I could type it):
    So do I understand this right? You can either (1) delete the conversation and it will pop back if there's a reply, or (2) delete the conversation and you'll never know if there was a reply???

That just sucks! How about a choice to delete the conversation and have a reply start a new conversation?

I don't quite get the part about not being notified of any future responses. Is this equivalent to putting somebody on selective ignore if they ever reply to your PM using the same title? Does the software somehow remember that you had a conversation with that title, and just shit cans any responses? (How is that even deleting it if it remembers it? Is this like "you fugget about it and I'll fugget about it, but I'll remember it?")

Or is the software just poorly worded and does it in fact just start a new conversation if you delete the old one?

There should be a choice:

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

What you see is what you get. There are upcoming changes to how PMs are handled, but for now, it's what we're stuck with.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

That one has left me scratching my head from the beginning. I'll just have to do my whining in public instead! ;)

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

*Sierra Mike has left the conversation.*

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

Thank you for the clarification.