1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Know What We Need?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ShinyTop, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We obviously need cheaper prices on medicines. My wife just got insurance approval for a 3 month course of meds. She is receiving it with no copay. But the insurance is paying 38K for the first month.

That got me thinking about what happens to our meds when we quit taking them or die. There should be a way to turn them in so people who cannot afford the meds can make use of them since they are already paid for. I realize the first step would have to be issuing meds in sealed daily doses, like the women's contraceptives. Then if seal not broken they could be assumed to be safe. Or have a way to have them tested.

Big Pharma would fight it but the power of the insurance companies should be for it.

Nevermind, could never happen, just makes too much sense.

2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

A local Methodist church runs a free-ish clinic for low-income people, and they take med donations, no questions asked, AFAIK. I've never tried to give them opioids or anything like that. But I know they take insulin.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think you've answered your own question. :(

4. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Amazonian woman in a petite package!

5. ethics

Fuck is this, "Susan"?

6. Susan Addams

Fuck is this, "Ethics?"

If you knew proper grammar you'd know to place the punctuation inside the parentheses. But I digress... Perhaps English isn't your first language, in which case I apologize. I have many international friends (including my sister) who have trouble with proper English grammar. Sussie's first language is Afrikaans but she does just fine with EN-SA except for a cute British-Dutch accent! Oh I love her accent so much! :)

This is a topic about saving money on healthcare. GoodRx is a "free" prescription discount program that gets you good discounts on prescription drug prices without any requirement to be a member of any plan. As an independent contractor I have no healthcare plan so when I need prescriptions my pharmacy has my GoodRx on file and gives me often 75-80 percent discount from "walk in" prices.

Just read the link and then give me your honest opinion. That is all I ask. Oh and if you think I was rude I will accept your apology, provided you state so in a future reply.

Note that anybody any time can visit their page and plug in their zip code and get a selection of best prices locally, and a coupon to get those prices. My pharmacy finally just wrote the coupon discount into my account and now I don't even bother to print the coupons.

So what the fuck is your problem? Why didn't you read the link and plug in a few of your 'scrips and see the price savings you'd get? I hope the fuck you aren't married. If so I feel sorry for your wife. Tell her Suzy sends her regrets.

WTF do you think I'm spamming the forum? Oh, feel free to apologize in a future post.

7. ethics

Looks like spam to me... Tom, you know what to do.

8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Dude, the site is legit.

Susan Addams likes this.
  9. Susan Addams

Maybe Mr. Ethics we should just start over and forget that you don't have any apparent experience in telling spammer posts from legitimate posts. I'm good with accepting your apology, if offered.

I've run and owned forums before (it sucks to be management) and decided I like being a member better, but my pattern does not fit any known spammer profile. If you saw my investment portfolio you'd realize I would waste my time on penny a click. I just bought more AMZN yesterday (on, you know, NASDAQ) and I doubt NASDAQ or AMZN pays spammers to recommend stocks. (BTW I'm totally cooked on AMZN, I'm moving on to less expensive stocks to fill out my portfolio. I'm about cooked on my savings too, but I am betting the whole kitty on America and on an improving economy.)

I'll just let it slide and pretend you apologized, and I'll ignore your lack of respect for women, and you can defer judgement on whether I'm a spammer.

I'll also recommend a little bit of training on your language and a remedial course on how to get along with women. I hope you aren't married, or if you are I sympathize with your wife.

So let's get on with the discussion and let it slide. My friends call me Suzy but you can call me Ms. Addams until you have that bad attitude looked at. I'll appreciate if you can formulate sentences that don't have my name and the word "fuck" together in one sentence in the future.

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

Educational while being entertaining at the same time. Rare in a forum. Also often interesting to see true skill demonstrated simultaneously with a lack of awareness of being in over one's head. Also probably choosing the wrong road to the path sought.

Susan Addams likes this.
  11. Susan Addams

Very Zen there Arc. :)

I'm sorry but using my name and "fuck" in the same sentence gets me postal. I'd like to forget it and assume Ethics was having a bad day. Really. Let's put it behind us and and move on, but move on knowing more than we did before Ethics' outburst and my postal reply.

(Actually I think hearing my name and "fuck" in the same sentence can have appropriate venues, like if it's in bed.) ;)

I bet Ethics will be my friend within a month. I play well with other people, but I give what I get. Treat me as a decent person and you'll be surprised at how friendly I get.

Please let's move on and chalk it up to a misunderstanding. I always put away my anger and hard feelings when I wake up in the morning. In my mornings everybody gets a second chance, even if it's their 5th or 9th chance. I don't believe in carrying a grudge into a new day. That just poisons my own mind and accomplishes nothing productive.

I have a very clean mind because I change it so often. ;)

Allene likes this.
  12. ethics

I don't have any friends. None.

Masterpiece right there. :p

13. Susan Addams

Yep, Arc gives good advice even if it wasn't what he attended.