1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knock, Knock, Who's there?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Dec 11, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

The Morality Police.

Where the hell these people get off (no pun intended) I don't know. Here's a story about a place where consenting adults <i>used</i> to play but we can't have that now, can we?

And here's the follow up story. The long and the short of it (again, no pun intended) is they didn't have a permit for the hot tub.

Of course, it turns out the owner of the place is an official in the DMV. Some things are just too good to make up.

So, should this guy be fired from his job? Is he not moral enough to work in the DMV? Too bad he wasn't a priest!

Well, you know what they say, "Some days you eat the bear and we won't get fooled again" or something like that!
    <small> Apologies for plagiarizing President's Bush's quote.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Why are swingers clubs illegal in this country?

3. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Because the politicians making the laws aren't allowed to join in the fun, therefore no one else can have fun ;)

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Because consenting adults having fun is illegal?

SM

5. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

Because sex is sinful and therefore should be illegal?

6. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

That's the way the Catholic church taught me to feel. I guess priests are allowed to have sex, as long as it's with little boys. But little boys aren't supposed to have sex. Go figure.

Q: What kind of meat do priests eat on Fridays?
    A: Nun.

Haha.

7. mikeky

mikeky Member

Why should they be exempt from zoning requirements? Nothing wrong with running a business, even a sex business, but it could be a problem in a residential area.

8. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Shit like this certainly wouldn't go over in any neighborhood I lived in.

I'm so sick and tired of the same diatribe being repeated over and over and over by you Liber...

errrr...

ummm...

"<i>people</i>"...

<li> "<i>This is my right!</i>"
    <li> "<i>That's my right!</i>"
    <li> "<i>You can't tell me what to do!</i>"

What a crock of hypocritical bullshit. :rolleyes:

What about the rights of those who do not wish to live next door to what amounts to a whore house? What about the rights of those who wish to raise their children in a neighborhood free from freaks who wanna screw anything and everything that breathes?

Can we say, "<i>Gutter whore</i>"? :_

Liber...

ummm...

Certain "<i>people</i>" in this country scream over civil rights and the rights of individuals in this country, and at the same time, don't give a damn whose rights they trample on to get what they want. It's always, "<i>Gimme!... GIMME!... <b>GIMME</b>" And screw you if you don't like it! <b>MY</b> rights come first and yours are unimportant!</i>"

Well, if these freaks of nature wanna spread sexually transmitted diseases, let them do it in the sewers where they belong. Not in a neighborhood where <b><i>SOME</b></i> people still have morals that tell them that the sexual experience belongs private and between two people who love each other.

Lack of moral parenting... the music we allow our children to listen to...

"<i>We have a physical thing
    We'll make love, but don't fall in love
    Let me get mine, you get yours</i>"

And now we wanna let whore houses move into the neighborhood?

Yeah... Let 'em try that shit in Gainesville, Texas. :_

9. MJF

MJF Amphibious Member

Oh Yeah!

http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/news/1831743/detail.html

Welcome to Louisiana! ;)

[Edit] According to the news, it was a simple blow job from another man in the XXX theater in the back of the store.[/edit]

More erupting news to follow.

10. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

Had this operation been run freely, or maybe even as a NPO, I would have more sympathy. As for this guy, sorry, gotta pay taxes and obey zoning laws just like everyone else. I would have to say though, if he can bring in that much money in a residential area, imagine what he could do in the middle of a big city :)

11. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I'm not excusing him from paying taxes or not having all his proper permits but is closing him down the right thing to do?

More importantly, is this where we want our police focusing their attention?

Since it appears the only thing he was suspected of was operating a business without a permit and ignoring building permits while installing a hot tub, it sounds to me like there might have been another motive. This was done discreetly, with no complaints from the neighbors about noise or traffic and I can't see where anyone got hurt.

And Haywire,

What does freedom mean to you?
    Where do you jump to conclusions about this place? It is not a whorehouse or a place where anybody could see or hear what was going on.

Are you now setting the standards for what morality should be in this country? If so, the freedom many died for is certainly going down the tubes quickly.

12. mikeky

mikeky Member

Someone obviously complained:
    <small>quote from the article</a>

13. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

I am going to TRY and maintain my calm here, people. BUt my hands are sweating, and my heart is racing as I type this.

14. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I believe someone found it through the advertising on the internet. Can't you just picture some right wing religious lunatic looking through all those sex sites trying to find places they could turn in?

Sounds to me like the perfect definition of frustration.

15. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

The police went there because someone "tipped" them off? Tipped them off how? "Hey, there's a bunch of people having sex with each other in there!" Sex is perfectly legal. It may not be "legal" in that way due to zoning regulations, but I still question why someone would get all worked up over it. If patrons were causing a disruption in the neighborhood, I could understand. There's a lot to this story that wasn't explained in those articles, I'm sure.

HaYwIrE:

If you think there aren't any swingers in Gainesville, TX, you are sadly mistaken. You can pretend that your town is morally superior to others, but I assure you that it is all talk. Sodomy and sex outside of marriage happens there everyday. I've never been there, but I think it's safe to say that based on the fact that PEOPLE LOVE SEX.

OMG, I'm going to call the police and have them raid people's homes because *I* don't want other people having sex that doesn't meat MY strict guidelines! Since when did the Taliban govern the USA?

Sometimes when you go off on one of your "GIMME GIMME GIMME" rants, it makes me think that people just want to be "LEFT LEFT LEFT" alone! How was the neighborhood disrupted? Is it just the fact that it is a swingers' club? Are the neighborhood residents being forced to swap wives with other people?

16. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Hey Haywire,

Maybe you can find something to get upset about here.

I keep wondering if you go through life with the biggest set of blinders known to man. I once heard Ronald Reagan (Jr.) state his father wasn't really ignorant just that he wasn't concerned with "the facts" as it were. Now, who would that remind me of, I wonder?

17. Domh

Domh Full Member

Fer cryin out loud.

I tire of the HayWire slamming. Many of you seem unable to see through HWs blustery, obnoxious and often hysterically funny posts. Read between the lines - theres some gold in those rocky, craggy hills.

If youve failed to notice, HW is very peeved about unequal treatment, something alot of you who slam him purport to be highly concerned with.

Whats interesting is that you are only capable of seeing unequal treatment as it relates to you and yours.

Fair and equal treatment does not mean things always go the way you think they should, it means they go the way that allows most of us to live peacefully in close proximity. That means you win some, and you lose some.

That means that sometimes the whore-house goes up near the school-house, and sometimes the gun shop goes up near the hemp shop. So long as the whores aint trickin out the kids, and the glock-toters aint shootin the hippies in the street, well... thats what I call AMERICA.

Id love to see a few of you take a few seconds to put yourself in a pair of shoes youd never want to wear, if only that it might help you to start a few more posts:

"Well, I see your point and I respect your right to your opinion, but I see it differently."

That is all.

18. -Ken

-Ken Guest

No, that isn't all.

I get bashed for not being tolerant to all kinds of people.
    Liberals are supposed to be tolerant of everyone, right?

WRONG!

I don't have to live in someone elses fantasy world. We all know what the rules are and if it's a problem I can link to the US Constitution for a quick refresher.

I do not have to be tolerant of racists, pedophiles or murderers. I don't have to be tolerant of anybody - IF (BIG IF HERE) I am not interfering with his or her Constitutional rights.

Maybe, you are right. I suppose Haywire does present more wisdom than the Dalai Lama but I am having trouble seeing it. This isn't a failure to communicate, this is a failure to understand this country's rules as they were setup and backed by the Supreme Court. If you, I or anyone else cares to work to change those rules, I would like you to know most of us will be there to stop you.

19. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Haywire has and continues to receive much leeway in his rants. We all know he is not always wrong but his inability to engage in this discourse without screaming insults is indicative of the respect with which he holds us. This is not conducive to encouraging discussion. Since he is the only arbiter of what is right and wrong I for one see nothing wrong with ignoring him so we can continue the discussion. If we listened to him the discussion is over, the right or wrong has been decided and we would have to close this forum in favor of daily mails by him telling us what we should think each day.

20. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Well now, there's a time saving suggestion. Now, if he could just decide what we all should wear every morning, I think we would be all set!

Oh, one other thing, maybe we could get him to decide what everybody should get for Christmas, assuming Christmas is allowable.