1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerry Gets Four Pinnochios

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by SixofNine, Sep 16, 2013.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

As some of you know, the Washington Post has a "Fact Checker" feature that dissects politicians' statements and awards one to four "Pinnochios" based on the degree of mendacity, with four being a total whopper.

In an interview with MSNBC this month, John Kerry claimed that he opposed the 2003 invasion of Iraq while serving as a Democratic senator from Massachusetts. It was the second time that he made this claim:

The column goes on to conclude that Kerry voted for the 2002 resolution, no ifs, ands, or buts.

pinocchio_4.jpg

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Aw, John Kerry actually lied? Who would have thought.

ethics likes this.
  3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Yeah, it's not like Kerry had any credibility anyway. Well, except with people who watch MSNBC.

John Kerry saying he didn't support the war is his way of saying he voted for it, but has since blamed someone else for it. That's all.

4. Arc

Arc Full Member

Botox Boy is one of those career politicians and civil servants with a life-long track record and I despise the guy as a lying opportunist of the highest magnitude. Way beyond your business as usual lying opportunist in politics or anywhere in the public sector. The only thing "good" one can say about him is he has been totally consistent in displaying his total depraved character throughout his adult, military and public life.

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

As an aside, I have to say that Obama has been surrounding himself with pretty much the same personalities, over and over again. Emmanuel, Carney, Kerry...I'll tell ya, at this point in time, I'm waxing nostalgic for James Earl Carter.

6. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I agree with you, SM. I'd MUCH rather have incompetence rather than maliciousness every day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least someone who is incompetent will get it right every now and then.