1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaspersky manager arrested for treason

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Top manager at Russian cybersecurity firm arrested

No sense in speculating what the hell was going on, but wow.... Gotta wonder if these are legitimate charges or a massive coverup for something.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Wow! This is a big story to watch!

3. Biker

Allene likes this.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

It's certainly never been much of a secret that the Kaspersky AV conglomerate were crooks. They were infamous for among other things creating new viruses so they could "discover" them and therefore be a "leader" in detection and protection.

Allene likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Words fail me!

cdw likes this.
  6. Biker

That was never proven and is pretty much an urban legend. Virtually all the major AV makers have been accused of that practice over the years.

However, ex-employees have stated that Kaspersky initiated a fake malware campaign that caused competitor products to delete/quarantine legitimate files. Of course, it was vigorously denied and the furor died down in a matter of days.

7. Arc

Arc Full Member

Proven to my satisfaction. My sources were in a position to know and their credibility was impeccable.

8. anajames

anajames Full Member

I lost all my data in this recent cyber attack, i was using Kaspersky. Pathetic.

ethics likes this.