1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karzai Won't Sign Security Deal With U.S.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So here's my honest questions to all the military and civies.

DO we need to keep troops there for AMERICA purposes. Keep in mind Soviets got the fuck out dodge because whatever pipeline and strategic venues they wanted, was deemed not worth it. Why do we need to be there? Osama is dead. The argument, of course, CAN be made for Afghanis, we leave, they are fucked.

West Explores Plan B for Forces in Afghanistan - WSJ.com

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I don't think anything can save that country. You have too many factions who want to be in power, too many factions who want to impose their own views on everyone else, and too many factions that want to go back to the old status quo.

Get out, stay out, and let the country go as it may. They've already made it plain that they don't want our help.

ethics likes this.
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

I agree with both of you. Anybody who's studied British history can see just how many failures outsiders have had in that country, let alone what has gone on in our own time.

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

I think that whole part of the world is dissolving in chaos, and I shudder to think some of the countries have nukes and NK is likely to have 'em soon.

I see it as a question if when, not if, some country or faction is going to detonate a nuke in the Middle East.

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I would think Iraq would serve as a good example. We "won" and they are still returning to their tribal warfare. Afghanistan cannot finish better. Get out now.

ethics and Allene like this.
  6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

And FFS, don't let anyone from those countries come HERE. Chances are they mean us harm.

7. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, I can agree with that too. I think it is time for the United States to think of itself. That may sound dreadfully selfish, but just like with a person, there is such a thing as a country being too caring. (Not that I don't recognize that there's self-interest mixed in with the caring.) You get taken advantage of, and if you keep that up too long, you end up a weak, empty shell and cannot take care of yourself, let alone the rest of the world. Did any one really ask the United States to take on all this? A lot of countries just end up hating us for "rescuing" them. They have much older cultures with all sorts of tribes and feuds that go back centuries. I don't think we're very good at understanding their mindset. I'd feel more comfortable with getting respect from other countries. We don't need to be loved by everybody. I was attracted to this country by its brash optimism, its can-do spirit, its opportunities for anyone willing to work hard. That was 45 years ago. I sincerely hope that the United States can recapture some of that magic again.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The greatest Commander in Chief in history would be the one that signed an immediate executive order to get out immediately, now, with 20 minutes notice, overnight while they slept, and let them wake up confused, hungry and scared with nothing but a bunch of old equipment and buildings that mean nothing without the $$'s to run them. Burn and salt the earth of anything else of American value.

Change the phone number and email address to America and never speak to them again.

Let them then wallow in their filth and despair for eternity with not one single American cent spent again even thinking about them as a lesson to any other country that thought about complaining about how much aid we gave them, or screwing over the USofA again.

Sadly, we don't have anyone like that in charge or anywhere on the horizon even thinking about wanting to be in charge.

9. Greg

Greg Full Member

Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan ever won. Best they ever had was Uncle Sam in battle armor standing behind them with heavy weapons.

The US can't fix countries. Best we can do is step in and take over militarily and oust their opponents. The minute we leave they are once again unprotected and vulnerable to their opponents.

This is the big problem with "US saves the world." We can't. Best we can do is stick guns up their opponents' ass and make them move along until we leave. Unfortunately they all know that.

10. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

And in further news under the category of "Afghanistan can fuck thyself" we have this little gem:

It's time to get out, stay out, and throw up a huge fence around the country.

11. Greg

Greg Full Member

The Middle East would be a lot better off if the US and/or Israel installed wall-to-wall glass paving in Iran. ;)

At least the US is in the position that if Iran uses their petroleum to control the world that the US is in a position to deliver petroleum to the world too, if only we can club our environmentalists into submission. If the US government decided to we could easily cover our own needs and become an oil exporter too.

12. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

The US is going about country building all wrong these days.

The proper way to build a country is to break the everliving shit out of it, and then let the people of that country rebuild it. And tell them in the process that if whatever was wrong before winds up being wrong again, we will break the shit out of it again, so they better get it right.

As it is now, we're the scapegoats for when they don't get it right.

ethics and Allene like this.