1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wanted to post something positive today....

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

<a href="http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore/wmstores/Mainnews.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0207747234.1036768976@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadcgghdddllcfkfcfkjdgoodglh.0&pagetype=news&template=NewsShelf.jsp&categoryOID=-8300&catID=-8248"> Teen reunited with family after photograph is recognized at a Walmart</a>

In fact, this makes the 74th teen to be reunited with their family since Walmart began posting missing children's flyers at the entrances of their stores. Just goes to show you that every little bit counts.

I was looking for information about a rumor going on in my neighborhood about them putting in a new walmart across the street from my complex, and I stumbled across this news. If you scroll further down, you'll see that in the month of October alone, 2 teens were found and reunited.

Just thought I'd post that because it made me feel really good - I'm heading out to Walmart right now to do some shopping.

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Wow... that's great! The quote below from the article <i>really</i> brings it home...

It's pleasing to see that at least some of corporate America try to be good citizens!

3. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Sad in a way, though. Now those parents are stuck with teenagers in the house again, andf have lost the peace and quiet that absebnce of teens can bring..

4. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

That is pretty cold there Mr. Harris.;)

I think it is a cool story as well. That quote gives me a little tingle on the back of my neck.

wapu

5. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Abortion should be OK and retro active up to the 18th birthday. :)

Good story though.

6. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

You must not ever have had to l;ive with teenagers. The tingle I would get from having to consider living with a teenager would be of fear. :)

7. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

WAPU,

I think Robert's post was made in jest.
    I for one enjoyed both the story (thank you Misu)
    and the jest (thank you Robert)

I recently (almost three years now) "inherited two teenagers", a stepson who is actually 30 yrs old but you couldn't tell by his behavior and a step grandson of 16 going on 17.

It certainly is an experiance...
    50 phone calls a day and the constant in and outs with cars running and doors slamming...

I know where Robert is coming from...:)

8. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Those Walmart stores you have over there must be really big for so many kids to get lost in them. They should stay with mum and help with the shopping then no one gets lost.