1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just finished a project...but

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Meteor Dive, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Meteor Dive

Meteor Dive Registered User

I'm not sure....hmmm

I started this particular design two weeks on Paint Shop Pro. Mainly it consisted of triangular beveled shaps that duplicated 45 times on two different, which are deformed, flipped, mirrored, and blended.
    Only 6 columns around the borders and with rippled layers to sharped the shadings. The last thing I was making a few feathered selections going diagonally and brightened and colorize with 150 points hue and 255 point for saturation.

I did enjoy how it came out...but I don't know I feel like a few elements/spices are missing.

The slant, bevel, twists on few of the triangular selection were done very badly. I had to draw in a few layers of smudgesand blurs to tone it out with few curve settings.

I'm gonna go back to the drawing board on this one. I sure am a bit rusty.

Any opinions, suggestions are welcome.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I don't know, man, I am staring at it mesmerized.

3. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Damn Meteor...you coulda warned me...

I had flashbacks.... to my earlier years...affectionately know to me as "the cloudy years"...hehehehhee

nice pic by the way...

:)

4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

:eek: Holy shit, you should post an epilepsy warning with that thing! ;)

Looks good. :)

5. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Hey, people, at least it's not animated!! Then you <i>would</i> be in trouble!! ;)

MD, I have yet to see one of your original designs that I didn't like. You are a remarkably talented young man... oh, stop blushing, for gosh sakes!! It's the truth!!!! :)

6. Meteor Dive

Meteor Dive Registered User

Shucks Sun :haha:

Sort of like an image of a glaucomic view. I was trying to emphasize how crystals would with a an odd twist of my own. I made some newer additions to the image, but I'm not stopping there. For now, I need a break :) I've been working on Paint Shop Pro far too long than I should have :) Since I spent an extra 7 hours on this image. I'm gonna take a little nap and hit my books for finals.

Additional comments and suggestions are welcome.

And hey, if you have large abstract design of your own, post it! :) I'd like to see other artists at play here :)

7. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

No an epilepsy warning should be posted with this thing...

8. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Holey Moley, Techie!!! That thing should have a warning on it!!!

*this is as close as I've come to deleting a post... not that it is offensive... but dang!!!* ;)

BDD... :{)

9. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I posted that in a forum once, and then the admin came and posted a disclaimer...LoL

10. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

To late........

(rolling on the floor, foaming at the mouth...)