1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Join our Everquest Online Game!

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Feb 4, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Best resource to start out is eq.crgaming.com Click on the race/classes on the left and there's creating character guide, FAQs, spells, etc...

Might seem overwhelming but it's really not too bad and much easier with the new interface they have now.

2. Domh

Domh Full Member

well - ok im getting more interested.

so wed be playing eq1 - any expansions? class limitations? whats the cost?

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Eq is great, Domhain. The best bet would be to get the Planes of Power bundle, at least that is the one I have. I plan on getting the rest, however.

4. Domh

Domh Full Member

do we all need to have the same software?

if we do this, im playing a human monk.

;)

5. Domh

Domh Full Member

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/editorial/reviews/reviews.asp?pf_id=219949&popf_id=219949

ok - looks like this includes everything ill need, but not some expansions. will we all be able to play on FV server as a group if i get this or will i need more?

20 bucks - ok what the hell, i can find a way for that.

;)

6. ethics

That should do it, initially. Although I have all of the expansions. We can always move forward and purchase more if people get interested.

7. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

All you need is the main game itself. The expansions open up different areas and a couple new races and classes. We can all play together but you just can't get into the areas without the proper expansion.

8. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Ruins of Kunark, the Scars of Velious, the Shadows of Lucian, and the Planes of Power are the expansions out for it so far. Their is a new one coming out at the end of the month. This will add a new froglike character race. All though you can now go into the City of Grubb and fight them (They have taken over recently).

9. Domh

Domh Full Member

20 bucks for the game, or 65 for the game and all expansions.

13 bucks a month - thats the one thats gonna suck for me.

10. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Here is what you could do. Get the game with the Planes of Power expansion + EQ time card. That will get you 4 months of unlimited playing time.

11. Domh

Domh Full Member

does look like fun, but i gotta find some money. i spent all mine and im in big trouble at home right now.

:(

12. Sacchiridites

Sacchiridites Banned

Anyone got $40 I could borrow?

13. ethics

We have some time before the new expansion goes in effect. So plenty of time to save up.

14. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Besides, we don't need it to play.

15. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

RPG's are a fave of mine, although I have never gone into the world of PC gaming. I considered Everquest, but I am too chaep to do the subscription fee. I'd even do it, if it was a one-time purchase deal. This game is 40 bucks. Is this a one time deal, or an on-going fee based game??

16. Domh

Domh Full Member

20 bucks for the software, 13 bucks a month.

the cost is my problem right now as well, but im working on it.

wonder if theyll take GA dollars...

17. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

LOL I reckon I'll have to stick to the Yahoo games, then.

18. ethics

I should offer EQ subscriptions for GA dollars. ;)

19. Domh

Domh Full Member

Yes, you should.

20. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Lol. So, is their anyone who would like to play a little tonight?