1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Join our Everquest Online Game!

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

Join our Neverwinter Nights Online Game!

We are working to get together a group of gamers to play Neverwinter Nights, an online D&D type game.

It should be great fun.

If you are interested, go to:

http://nwn.bioware.com

Youll find more information on the game, its multiplayer support, features and screenshots there.

The game is built on 3rd Edition Dungeons and Dragons rules.

It supports up to 64 players online at once, so come one come all!

All you need is a copy of the game, which runs about 40 bucks.

So, if you are interested, sign in here and Frodo and I will start organizing a good old online quest for danger and glory, globalaffairs style yo!

:thumbsup:

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

SIgning in.

3. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Sign me up

4. Domh

Domh Full Member

So far we have:

Domhain
    Frodo
    Ethics
    Emig

Cmon all anybody else?

we max out at 64 - lets get a real blasting party here!

;)

5. ethics

What's the minimum we would need to get this going?

6. Domh

Domh Full Member

7. ethics

Cool, we have 4.

When can we get started? This Saturday?

8. Domh

Domh Full Member

mmm not sure - accountant at noon, woman home at 6ish, laptop to fix...

*sigh*

friday night 6-9 is open...

;)

9. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

sounds good

10. ethics

Friday night 6-9 would work for me as well. EMIG?

11. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Eastern? If so, I can't make it (long boring story).

So I don't want you guys to think I'm not serious about this. Here's the boring story: Usually, I can "work from home" whenever I like. However, two things are happening tomorrow that make it difficult.

1. I have a conference call with some lusers from Sweden about a "feature" they forced me to put into our software. Not surprisingly, they don't like some of the ramifications of this "feature", so we have to talk about it tomorrow morning.

2. The high muckety-mucks have decided to pay us a visit. They "invited" us to a hotel well South of our office to meet with them. Well, the underbosses know us too well, 'cause the word came down earlier this week that attendance was mandatory. Then the word came down today that you didn't have to go if you were working on bugs. The upshot is there are two things I'm not allowed to do tomorrow afternoon: Leave early or "work from home."

The traffic is awful that far down the peninsula, and I hate those weasels anyway, so I think I'll pass up the free lunch and try to get home early. However, 6ish my time is about the earliest I could get home realistically. Let me know the server details, and I'll join ASAFP when I get home tomorrow.

Then again, my wife's having contractions again, and they're somewhat regular this time, so I might be blowing off the Swedes, the muckety-mucks, and you folks...

12. Domh

Domh Full Member

Ok - lets frodo, ethics and I meet up 6 to 9 to get things set up, learn what we need to learn and muck about, get things going right.

Ethics - there is server software for NWN at nwn.bioware.com, different for each OS. Once thats up and running, you just need the client (game) running on a pc and to let us know what the game name and password is. Definitely make it private, and invisible if possible.

IMPORTANT - when you install the game (client) make sure you upgrade to the newest patch FIRST THING before you make a character. If we arent all running the exact same version of the game, and if we dont all make our characters with the exact same version, we can run into problems.

13. ethics

Why not set game and password now?

14. Domh

Domh Full Member

rock on!

allow only server characters - characters that can be used when on your nwn server only.

tonight is looking shaky for me - stomach flu coming on and woman staying home possible - update later.

15. ethics

Oh man...

Me and Frodo will be the only ones and we are going to talk about everyone else in this forum. So there!

16. Domh

Domh Full Member

ill try and find a way to install and show at least so we can make sure we have things working right.

ethics - linux server? whatever box is attached to your fastest UP, thats for sure the way to fly - but you know that.

:nut:

17. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I installed NWN last night and I can't get it to work right. Really weird graphic glitches. I will try to work on it.

18. Domh

Domh Full Member

did you update it to the latest patch?

use the update option right on the very first screen you see after starting.

ill try and hop on later, if not itll be tomorrow.

19. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Yes, I used the auto updater.

20. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Keep me posted on when you guys are playing, and I will try to jump into the game if I am available. I have completed the single-player quest(very disappointing, by the way), but I never played online.