1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jenny Craig: DELUSIONAL!!!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Greg, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Hair on chest very sexy. Especially on smart, handsome Russian man. :drool:

Now there's a thought to get me through the day ;)

2. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I think a lot of that attitude stems from a person's insecurities about themselves, just going by personal experience.

As an example, my own aunt has made fun of me about my weight many times over the years...and she weighs 300+ pounds heh.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member

This whole discussion has gotten out of hand and I apologize to anybody who was offended. My original intent was to point out the delusional state shared by Ms. Craig and Ms. Alley in continuing the advertising campaign in spite of the fact that the "after" Ms. Alley was NOT the same cute (smaller) actress of the TV series.

My OP was about delusions and advertising, and I did not intend to smear plump women, nor any specific women besides Ms. Craig and Ms. Alley. I do admire Ms. Alley's spunk in going on with the Oprah appearance in spite of the embarrassment she undoubtedly experienced.

Meanwhile I will continue to remain active and remain interested in keeping my weight in a healthful range, and intend to continue seeking a like minded woman who is also interested in an active life and a reasonable dietary intake, a woman who I will share the rest of my life with.

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I took no offense in anything you said LH. Your opinion really isn't that unique and if you talk to most men, many speak the same way. It's just a fact of life.

I'm about 25 pounds over in what weight charts say I should be. I have no problem with it. I don't look as thin and lanky anymore and have a nicer rack now. LOL I remember when I was thinner I could wear anything you threw at me. Wasn't long ago too. I only gained some in the past 4 years really since I've been having back problems. I remember being very self conscious about my chest size back then. So now I feel much better about my body and if someone offered to magically melt the 25 off and lose the rack, I would say no. I think being a little overweight is better if it makes you feel good about yourself, then the feeling that you need plastic surgery. :)

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

I carry 6 percent overweight at present. I'd like to go down 10 percent where the wimmin are easier to catch! ;) I know I'm going to make it and I'm poised right there now. I sympathize with anybody above their ideal weight and hope they may make the healthy choice to diet and exercise to a healthful weight.

However, I refuse to believe that the futuristic "being happy with your overweight, it's natural" paradigm is healthy for anybody. I just won't accept that. There is a sweet spot where you can enjoy food as a sensually satisfying experience, and yet not so overindulge that you impact your health. Unfortunately it's difficult to achieve that precarious balance. I've not done it myself, not yet, but I've often achieved nearly that.

We must all strive to improve. There's no point in getting older if you can't get better too.

6. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Lovehound left his network open and I was able to get a quick browse in one of his folders labeled "love life". Not sure what's that's about but this one was in there. Perhaps it explains his fellings..........

1 person likes this.
  7. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Good Gawd! His left foot has been without blood flow for so long that it's turned black!

8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I'll tend to agree with you on the non-reality of the BMI. Says I should weigh 160 pounds at my current height of 68 inches. I haven't seen 160 since my first attempt at college, probably. The NIH calculator wants me to be 6'7 at my current weight.

Whatever happened to the body fat measurements, where they did a number of measurements (chest, waist, neck, and thighs, I think), massaged the numbers, and came up with a body fat percentage? I recall the military using that for a while, at least in the late 80's.

9. Arc

Arc Full Member

There used to be three standards for actually actively measuring how "fat" you were and the measurements were all based upon you percentage of body fat versus muscle with X percent being good and X percent being fat and so on.

The number one accurate measurement involved weighing you conventionally and then weighing you while totally submerged in water. This was considered the most accurate weigh to determine your true percent of body fat.

The second most accurate was the the type you mentioned where the measure with calipers the thickness of your fat under the skin at different parts of your body and then using a formula to determine the percent of your body fat. This sucked as fat is disbursed within different people in widely different manners with one extreme being just under the skin and the other surrounding your interior parts or less or little under the skin. So much for accuracy of percent of body fat.

The third was to measure electrically current as measured by some device that passed between point A and point B on you body. I forget how they arrived at the percent of body fat. Since this system was simply and cheap but never caught on I must assumed it had some serious accuracy flaws.

The BMI sucks for reasons we all ready discussed as do the old insurance height weight charts.

Some stupid index or percentage of fat in your body weight will not really tell you what you are looking for in the issue of are you fat/obese/PC whatever you want to call it.

The absolute best test is to take off all of your clothes in look at yourself or have someone who knows what they are doing look at you.

There will be no doubt if you are fat, about right, or underweight, especially for men. Women are not a clear cut but still you can pretty confident about your assessment.

It really is that simple. Believe it or not.

10. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

They still used it in the 90's. It wasn't always accurate either though. They'd measure me and the little chart they had would say 0% body fat LOL. Which to my knowledge is 1.) impossible and 2.) means that I should've been dead, according to the guys doing the tests LOL.

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You can only be a weight-loss spokesperson for so longat some point, you've lost the weight, and keeping it off becomes the best-case scenario. Thus it is for Kirstie Alley, who has officially left her job as a big loser for Jenny Craig.

12. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

Such a polite way of putting it Leon

13. Greg

Greg Full Member

Okay, Kirstie Alley was still delusional the last time I heard. This topic isn't exactly focused on it, but Jenny Craig called in Valerie Bertinelli to de-pork the illusion that Jenny Craig had some kind of dysfunctional program. Bertinelli is the woman facing Alley in an image featured in my OP:

[​IMG]

Oink! Bertinelli couldn't lose the pork either, and the television advertisements faded as it became evident that Jenny Craig wasn't up to the challenge of de-porking Bertinelli. That was a couple years ago. Fast forward to the present...:

Well it's finally time for me to eat crow. I'll have to admit that the pinch hitter Bertinelli finally made good on her quest for a slimmer body:

[​IMG]

I've seen the Craig commercials featuring Bertinelli's new body, and I'd hit her! :)

This is me eating crow. Bertinelli took the Jenny Craig diet and slimmed down pretty good.

14. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

If you could just chew on that crow while I finish hitting on her myself LH............:lol::)

15. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

I can't find the best clip of Kirstie in the old days, but here's an also-ran.
    No, it's not what she looks like today.
    I just feel like, if you can't stand by her when she swells up, what are you going to do when she gets very pregnant? Sure, an animal will then go look for a skinny one...
    Why aren't you picking on Queen Latifah? Oh, right, because she would find you and kick your butt :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ST8MRuOuE

Regardless, when I look at myself in the mirror nekkit I can not believe my girlfriend likes me. I am definitely proceeding on empirical data, the theory does not support the results (not unlike cold fusion). I'm at least 40 pounds over my carefree days, and although I felt my strength was adequate then, I never did anything to make my body look better.

Anyway, my decision is that I catch a buzz from seeing those sexy ladies but I'm not allowed to think too much about them any more.

16. Greg

Greg Full Member

[​IMG]

I heard a good one today...

Kirsty Alley has a new TV project: Diagnosis: Burger

I just wanted to share that. ;)