1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jenny Craig: DELUSIONAL!!!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Greg, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I guess you missed the part about it being in jest, no?

Let me help your old fart eyesight, The above is in jest of course

Better, mon cheri?

And no, the LOTR download is still taking forever so you can't kill my ass in there yet.
  2. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

This country's fixation on weight is truly disturbing. It's either over-eating, yo-yo dieting, or voluntary starvation. There doesn't seem to be a normal median, anymore.

If people would just eat sensibly and exercise moderately, their weight wouldn't be an issue as far as health concerns go. Any doctor will tell you that. I guess we can't do anything about the never-ending question for beauty but it really is a shame so many women (and men, too) put themselves through all that.
  3. ravital

ravital Banned

You'd be disappointed with me, because there's no way I would kick her out of mine, into yours or anyone else's, she is exactly everything you said, plus funny and a bit smarter than most give her credit for. :)
  4. Greg

Greg Full Member

I believe there is a median, in the principle of BMI (body mass index). The median is somewhere between overweight and underweight, just where depending on lots of things. There's no firm number but anybody can look at you and tell if you're significantly over or under weight.

RETRACTION: For the record, I said I wasn't ridiculing Kirstie Alley but that is obviously incorrect. All I can say for myself is that I hadn't meant to ridicule her, but I did it anyway. Sorry.
  5. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I have to say the BMI is totally unrealistic in most cases. According to it at my height I should weight 160 pounds, however when I was really into running/biking in my early 30s, with a 7% bodyfat mind you, I was 171 lbs. There was and is no possible way I could ever be 160 lbs, unless I was spending time in Gitmo or an Iranian military prison. ;)
  6. Greg

Greg Full Member

You are interpreting BMI too rigidly. There is no single number that applies to everybody. However, if your BMI indicates you are overweight or underweight then quite likely (but not certainly) you are. I'm referring to the "overweight" and "underweight" set points, about not being 5 or 10 pounds either side of center line.

Heck, I don't have any weight problem myself. I'm just too short for my weight. I have a height problem! ;)
  7. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

We use the BMI all the time in health and life insurance. There is very rarely anyone on the low side of BMI, which means it's not much of an average. My weight should be between 180 and 185 at my current age, no less. When I was 171 I looked pretty gaunt. 185 is a long way from 160. So no, I'm not interpreting it too rigidly.
  8. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I guess Jenny Craig won't be expanding into Mauritania anytime soon.

(Pun intended ;))
  9. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

OMG I saw this commercial yesterday, that the picture is from. That is not Kirstie Alley in purple there. It's Valerie Bertenelli! And what's funny is that Kirstie kind of calls her "fat".
  10. Arc

Arc Full Member

According to the BMI for my current weight I should be 8 feet tall. Guess I need to lose some pounds.

I've got to disagree with Lovehound. The BMI is more and more being called out by professionals and having articles about it saying essentially it isn't functionally accurate and predictive--it is not "correct" or realistic, especially on the low end.

IMO the male stats are crazy. I will say within five years BMI will not be recognized by any legitimate source, (unless revised), it will just be history.
  11. Greg

Greg Full Member

My own personal experience is that the weight indicated by my height and the middle-of-the-road BMI (half way between overweight and underweight) is my perfect weight. I'm of average physique and neither ecto nor endo. It works perfectly for me. YMMV
  12. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

irrelevant by now I"m sure, but regardless of whether Kirstie Alley is NOW fat... she has lost a LOT of weight... nearly 100 pounds I think.

It's men with "mouths" like LH that keep women puking in the restaurant toilets! :yougottabekidding:

It's not that I don't agree we all have different tastes. But "is that some kind of a sow in a tent awning?" just makes me wanna smack ya!
  13. Greg

Greg Full Member

Well the good news is that Omar the Tent maker has fashionable gear at good prices, particularly if you don't mind the odor of camel dung. :)
  14. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

15. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Give me a slim one anyday. :love: Please.

There is a happy medium between those anorexic models and a 600lb :) Kirsty Alley. Not much wrong with Scarlett. Maybe Jenny Craig should do a deal with her. I wouldn't kick her out of bed either, but would I get the opportunity?

Overweight shows, in most cases, simply a lack of self control. That's coming from someone who's short and light. My BMI is 23 according to the chart.
  16. Greg

Greg Full Member

I doubt Kirsty Alley is 600 pounds, but she's clearly much larger than me. I'm scared of big women!!! I don't want to fall in! ;)
  17. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

And tall women can give off some very negative vibes to short men.
  18. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

Sift through this to see some earlier Kirsti Alley...
    Star Trek II
    The second part of the clip has more of her.

So, 1982 to 2007, 25 years, 4 pounds a year, that's a pound every 3 months, roughly 5 ounces a month, that's 2 of those 3/4 ounce potato chip bags a week, in but not out. I'd like to hook up with an underweight female just to absorb some of that underweight mentality.
  19. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Knew a guy who was 5'5" married to a 5'11" woman. His saying:

When your nose to nose your foots in it, when your toes to toes your nose is in it.
  20. Greg

Greg Full Member

Fat women can give off some very negative vibes to fit men. Like Rosie O'Donnell...