1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SECURITY ALERT] Java programmers take note

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I know that Brian will disagree but IMHO Java coding is not the future. It's all about the front end these days and the web is where it's at.

Of course, it won't go away probably in my working career but I wouldn't worry about this as most kids these days are caring more about the MEAN stack and other things DOM.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I foresee a time in the not so distant future where the emphasis on the "cloud" and doing everything on the Internet is going to bite a LOT of people in the ass. Especially those companies that are forcing their customers to start using SAAS rather than allowing them to do their thing in-house.

Too many idiots in the field who have never known a time without Internet access. And find it inconceivable that it wouldn't take much to cause a complete meltdown of the network, with many companies now unable to do anything because their IT idiots managed to convince the CEOs and bean counters that this is the best way to do things.

Phooey.

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I think Java will be safe in a niche or two, particularly the back end, but I don't disagree that the front end is headed, or has already arrived, elsewhere.