1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japan's Whaling Fleet Draws Ire

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Plunge, Dec 23, 2005.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I'm with you both. They get no sympathy from me either.
  2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

3. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Apologies for the Thread Resurrection

I thought this should go here.

New show starting on Animal Planet on Friday about this very subject, called Whale Wars.

It appears to be filmed from the Sea Shepherd side of things judging by the commercials, so it could be biased, but I plan on watching it.
  4. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

This is a quote from the article and seeing as the head of the organization was a co-founder of Greenpeace, biased is putting it mildly.

'The Society's fight to eradicate Japanese whaling on the high seas where international laws are interpreted by different countries and organizations in different ways utilizes some aggressive techniques, including ramming and disabling whaling ships; disrupting whale carcass processing; engaging in physical entanglement; and boarding and dispersing fleets of whaling vessels. For the campaign this season, Sea Shepherd christened its vessel in honor of the iconic conservationist Steve Irwin with the blessing of his wife Terri, both of whom support the organization independent of Animal Planet. '
  5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

So in other words...PIRACY! :haha: