1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Brady Dies

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by cmhbob, Aug 9, 2014.

1. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Peace to him. I wish I could have had the opportunity to talk to him away from his shrew of a wife, and away from all of his handlers, and ask him how he really felt about how he was used as a prop for gun control. Because honestly, that's what it seemed like he was in the last decade or so. You always saw him in a wheelchair but one article I read said he was able to walk. /Shrug.

Write-up: James S. Brady, Reagan’s press secretary and survivor of 1981 shooting, dies at 73 - The Washington Post

The DC Medical Examiner ruled his death a homicide, which I don't disagree with, but people who are salivating for Hinckley to be tried for his murder are going to be disappointed. He was found NGRI for the assault, and from what I've read, that verdict will be binding on any other cases resulting from the original event.

Legal Opinion from Eugene Volokh: May the government try John Hinckley for James Brady’s murder? - The Washington Post

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Personally? I don't think he was brainwashed or hijacked, I think he was misinformed and became to believe the bullshit. He's much of the problem and part of the Brady Bill as everyone else who rah-rahed this.