1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes 7.7 and App Store now open

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by tke711, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

No issues here at all. Runs even better than it did before. Email is now being downloaded MUCH faster and it's the same hardware.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Same here. I had one crash/hard reboot yesterday but I suspect it's because I had about 15 different web pages open and was running everything I just downloaded. :)

3. tke711

I like how they changed some things in the settings. Like how it's now easier and quicker to turn off/on bluetooth.

Of course, I still miss BossPrefs which made it even easier. :)

4. tke711

So much for that rumor. I just clicked "check for update" and iTunes came back and told me that my 2.0 firmware is the current one.

5. Domh

Domh Full Member

Well, now that I restored I am bricked until the update servers top getting cranked on so hard, which sucks.

I get a network error clicking on the iPhone link in iTunes.

Thought it was something on my end but then saw:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Nooooo chance. Too much hammering on Apples end for most of today I reckon.

*sigh*

6. tke711

Ya....there are reports of all the stores having problems this morning with activating the phones because iTunes is taking a huge volume hit.

7. tke711

Installed Cro-Mag and Texas HoldEm this morning and they are both fantastic games!

8. Domh

Domh Full Member

List so far:

9. tke711

Here's my current ones:

[​IMG]

10. tke711

The downside of all these apps is that syncing now takes a LOT longer and it appears to perform the backup every time, which includes all these apps. :(