1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's possible measles is responsible for other deaths

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, May 25, 2017.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

A rather fascinating theory.

Scientists have wondered about his due to children who receive the measles vaccine having a much lower mortality rate to other diseases than those who have not had the vaccine and contracted measles. Seems like a plausible theory and one that bears watching as they test their hypothesis.

2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

So all these people who are refusingt o vaccinate need to hope their kid gets measles first?

ethics likes this.
  3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

All those people who refuse to vaccinate should hope that their kid doesn't get measles at all. Apparently getting the measles wipes out your immune history, forcing your body to start all over from scratch.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I guess I'm lucky to be alive! There wasn't any vaccination for measles when I was a kid. I've had both measles and German measles.

5. anajames

anajames Full Member

I was reading a research paper the other day, and it said people initially never used to get their kids vaccinated for measles or chicken pox for instance, because they thought this would allow their kids to be immune to other diseases.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

When I was a kid, it was considered good to catch run-of-the-mill diseases like the above, mumps, and especially German measles, if you were a girl.