1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official - our President is not a moron.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/11/22/bush.not.moron.reut/index.html

The Canadian PM said so :nut:
    Honestly, is this the language that politicians are using? As if they were highschool kids? The morons :happy:

<small>OTTAWA, Canada (Reuters) -- Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, attempting to head off an embarrassing spat with Washington, Thursday quickly distanced himself from a senior official who reportedly called President Bush "a moron."

Opposition legislator Jason Kenney told parliament he believed the comments -- which were reported by several newspapers -- had been made in Prague by Chretien's communications director Francoise Ducros.

"He [Bush] is a friend of mine, he is not a moron at all," Chretien told reporters in Prague, where he was attending a NATO summit to discuss expanding the alliance.

The National Post and newspapers from the nationwide Sun chain said the official had expressed frustration that Bush seemed more keen on building up moral support for a possible assault on Iraq rather than focusing on NATO expansion.

"What a moron," the papers quoted the official as telling Canadian reporters on Wednesday evening in Prague.

</small>

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think it started last year with France calling Israel, "That shitty little country."

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I love it - these are the people who we put in power (we being the world's people), and this is how they talk. It boggles my mind.:nut:

4. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Why should they talk any differently than the rest of us?

And I can tell you from first hand experience that in private politicians use fouler language than we have seen on this forum so far.

More serious than the language issue is the lying -- Chretien saying that Bush is not a Moron when he knows that is not true. :)

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

It is the brain drain.
    All of Canada's brightest people move to the US leaving only those with limited mental capacities.

The first one who can learn to count to ten gets elected.;)

6. mike

mike mesmerized

That's right, he's not a moron....in fact, he's..............

7. Leviathan

Leviathan Registered User

I think this is like the fourteenth time we've seen someone call Bush a name, only to have to retract it several days later......I remember a similar problem recently with a German politician calling Bush some name....and before that a Russian.....

Ken Lay is still sipping Margaritas somewhere on a Yacht, yet when a politician speaks the truth (if not the truth than simply their MIND) their livlihood is threatened.

Just for once I'd like to see someone insult him....then the next day issue a press release something to the effect of: "I do not apologize. The guys a twit. A real down home dimwit. Sod off."

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

That's a hot button for me there. Can ANYone tell me why is Ken Lay NOT in jail?

Please?

9. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

He's got a friend in the White House.

10. jamming

jamming Banned

I think its called Bail.

11. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

He is one of the richest people in the country, good lawyers can legally cause long delays and we are surprised, why?

12. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

Note for all attendees of political conferences:

When relaxing after a hard day of negotiating with a few drinks in the hotel bar, <b>always</b> assume the guys in the next booth are reporters, listening to your every (unguarded) word. :)

Apparently this is what happened; reporters overheard a private conversation... but then, what's privacy to a reporter?

Though, let's face it, she should have known better!

13. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

And then there was this little gem:
    Of course when asked if he had any regrets (and before his handlers had gotten to him...) he replied he regretted his remarks had made it to the airways.

14. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

He's not? I'd like to file an appeal on that decision ;)

15. jamming

jamming Banned

I wouldn't appeal it, by the time it would be heard the next election would be over. Besides you would put Harvard Lawyer's in the unpleasant position of having to defend Harvard's MBA program as Bush has a Master's Degree from them.

16. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

Some of the biggest idiots I've ever known have college degrees. That doesn't mean anything.

17. jamming

jamming Banned

True, but that dosn't mean Harvard Lawyer's wouldn't defend the reputation of Harvard. Of course there are a lot of idiots and morons that don't have college degrees, usually a degree shows that at least they have some familiarity with facts and the uses of information. Most morons get weeded out before they get to college, let alone Graduate School. However there are always those who are booksmart and wisdom-foolish.

18. limeygit

limeygit Assume Sarcasm...

I think it shows great bravery from Chretien to speak out so vocally against world opinion by proclaiming that 'Bush is not a moron'.