1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's coming, Windows as a service

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...dates-under-fire-from-unhappy-security-admins

While most users are ambivalent with the update policies with Windows 10, there are many of us who are still unhappy with how Microsoft forces the downloads and updates with few, if any, options to delay the updates.

So how does Microsoft respond to the criticism?

I foresee a day in the very near future where my machines are completely Linux driven. It's time to start looking seriously at Wine and getting WoW (very easy to do) and SWTOR (haven't tried it yet) up to speed on the Linux side of the computer.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Between this and climate change I am glad I am not likely to see all of this come to fruition.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

"This" and everything else negative or unpleasant or bad in the world is caused by climate change or global warming. Everything! Didn't you know that? :)

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I blame Global Climate Change for Win11 being a monthly paid service.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

It's mostly a model for corporations. I don't see Windows being stupid enough to force people more in to MACS and Linux.