1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's a Struggle

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Aug 27, 2018.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

In the diocese I left behind me 50 years ago, long before the scandal broke, the bishop was the worst of them, but no excuse for the others either. Nothing much was done. He was caught by the RCMP red handed, but nothing really came out of it. Instead, the next bishop announced that the parishioners would be expected to pay a six-figure amount to cover the legal expenses of that bishop. My kid brother was the lucky one. He and his partner in crime from next door got kicked out of altar boy class for being too rowdy.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

I thought I had a reasonable grasp on how bad it was as over the years the story was constantly in the news both nationally and internationally. Then I saw the Best Picture Nominee and numerous other Oscar and such honored movie, "Spotlight." The movie portrays the Boston Globes from scratch investigation into the allegations and subsequently, the shocking number of predators and victims involved first in just Boston and then overall Massachuttes.

Spotlight (2015) - IMDb

Below is just an excerpt of what the investigation portrayed in the "Spotlight" revealed per wiki's piece regarding some of the film's content:

Spotlight (film) - Wikipedia

Allene likes this.
  4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I followed the Boston Globe Spotlight series and then watched the movie. Horrifying!

5. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

All I can say is it wouldn't be a struggle at all for me to feed pedophiles into a wood chipper feet first.

I understand that our DNA gives us proclivities towards certain groups of people we see as potential sexual partners. Some guys prefer anorexic women, some prefer morbidly obese, etc. Some guys (not all) have the sole criteria of "breathing." (a security guard at a local hospital was recently arrested for necrophilia)

In Western society, we hold incest and pedophilia in high disdain because they produce defective babies and/or hurt the mother/destroy her future child-bearing capability.

I cannot hold for two related adults being punished for being intimate, that's a freedom of choice issue and all we can do is hold them accountable for quality of life failures if they do not take care of their offspring.

Pedophiles who engage in that behavior need to be removed from society. Run them trough a wood chipper, then salt the ground their spatter lands on.

6. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

If you're a little shocked at my prior post, I lost all "understanding" and "sympathy" for pedos when I saw this years ago.
    [​IMG]