1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italy goes back to its medival roots

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, May 27, 2011.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

You just can't make this stuff up.

Italian Seismologists Charged With Manslaughter for Not Predicting 2009 Quake | Fox News

I've always suspected the Italian legal system was beyond messed up, and this confirms it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I read about this this afternoon and posted on fb about it. How friggin' ABSURD is that? I can't imagine what the hell they are thinking. Wait.. I guess they aren't thinking. How horrible for those men to have to go through this.

3. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

The US needs to arrest a bunch of weather men and women in the midwest. :crazy:

I agree with Biker that the Italian legal system is broken. When I lived in Italy in the 1970s, I read in an article in Corrierre dela Sera that the average defendant when reaching trial had already served more time than the maximum sentence allowed for the charges.

4. Biker

Makes you wonder about Amanda Knox and whether she really got a fair trial or not.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

She was FINALLY let go by the fucking idiots that suck in Justice department AND economy.

6. Arc

Arc Full Member

Great Caesar's ghost, you can't make this stuff up. You really can't. From the Italian judicial system, those same folks that convicted an American college student, Amanda Knox, of stabbing an Italian to death when she wasn't even at the scene and there was no evidence whatsoever to connect her to the murder now brings you this.

For some reason the news web link from MSN that is copied from the URL bar doesn’t work. If an Italian is responsible perhaps that should be good for a year in the slammer for the dolt.

What a joke. Well, maybe the scientists fail to see it.

7. ethics

Italy... Great cars and women, horrible? Everything else. :p

8. Biker

Merged.

9. Biker

Holy shit. Don't these tards EVER give up?

10. Biker

Unfuckingreal.

I'd say Italy's legal system is a fucking joke and the laughing stock of the world. Unfortunately, it's not a laughing matter, especially for those that have to deal with the system.

11. ethics

I wouldn't send her back there.

12. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Hell no. Let them convict her in absentia like they did with the CIA agents in the rendition of that "cleric".

13. Arc

Arc Full Member

No matter what happens she won't ever go back if found guilty or 're-convicted." She and most importantly the US govt will just give Italy the two fingered salute.

14. ethics

I really hope you are right and that US does not bow and yield to this injustice. I do believe we, as US Citizens, have a right to a fair trial but there was also something about the number of trials you can go through,.

15. Arc

Arc Full Member

Not to mention that based upon the uncontested evidence she was black and white not guilty.

16. Biker

Well, Italy continues to show the world that their legal system is about as corrupt as it can get.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...x-convicted-of-murder-in-italian-retrial?lite

One can only hope that the government replies to the extradition request in the only manner that's appropriate. And that's flipping the bird and telling the god forsaken country to piss up a rope.

17. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I read up on that Amanda Knox case until it gave me a headache. I've never in my life seen an investigation so fucked up beyond belief. The Italian police screwed that up every which way they possibly could.

Amanda Knox should never be sent back to Italy. It's not that she didn't do it. She may well have. But the evidence presented and investigation don't come anywhere close to meeting the burden of proof required in any reasonable justice system, and a conviction in her absence like they did, with a kangaroo court, is simply political, and we should respond politically with a big NO.

18. Biker

Any country that convicts a scientist for failing to predict an earthquake should be the laughing stock of the entire world.

19. Biker

Finally! Someone in the justice system showed some common sense.

Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy's highest court

Copzilla and ethics like this.
  20. Biker

Amanda Knox verdict explained by top Italian court in final, final word on epic case

Sounds familiar, huh?