1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isreal and Palestein

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by damonlab, Jul 18, 2014.

1. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

While everybody is watching the news about the downed plane, in seems the conflict in Gaza is secondary news.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its the same old afterschol special rerun.
    Fat kid gets picked on and constant death threats from bullies.
    Fat kid grows a set and actually fights back.
    World condems fat kid for being cruel and mean.
    CNN reporters call fat kid "scum" live on air.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Israel's only mistake was not hiring Adam Baldwin as a bodyguard. That movie had a good ending for all.
    Except for the bully that is.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yeah and, Damon? I'll tell you what, you come in herewith you liberal clueless ideology you will have your ass handed to you. Look up logic, intent and action/reaction in foreign policy.

5. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Right? Meanwhile, the entire world is falling apart while our campaigner in chief goes to fundraisers, and Damon highlights those evil Jews. :rolleyes:

ethics likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I must correct myself on one point, the CNN reporter that called Israel "scum" didn't do it live on the air, she did it in a tweet, which clearly completely upholds her journalistic integrity in the eyes of the World.

Meanwhile Wolf Blitzkreig is live once again in the middle of a firefight in in Gaza with his usual incredulous "how can they do this!?!?!" face and calling anything painted green or tan and in motion a tank.

ethics likes this.
  7. ethics

Typical journalism, no? Arab media picked up that tweet and retweeted everywhere as to highlight how horrible the Jews are that even American journalists are calling them scum.

Btw did this journalist call Palestinians scum when they were dancing on the streets after nine eleven? Did she call them scum for handing out candy in celebration of nine eleven?

8. ethics

The rockets are smuggled via ship and tunnel from Iran, Libya, Sudan and Syria and, increasingly, manufactured from water pipes and household items in what a senior Israeli intelligence officer called Gaza’s “high-tech” sector — about 70 makeshift factories staffed by 250 men and overseen by a few dozen engineers and chemists.

2o of these rockets were found in UN building and UNRWA apologized for it.

— Islamic Jihad and other fighters had a combined arsenal of 10,000 imported and homemade rockets at the start of the latest conflagration, about double their cache at the end of the last battle, in 2012.
    You folks understand that these pathetic mini-wars are all for the world public opinion? If the coverage is not pro-Palestinian they lose everything they've been trying to gain on the world opinion court. BBC used to be MUCH worse in bias against Israel. Now it's LESS so (it's not completely turned a new leaf here, you see) and the Hamas apologists are having kittens. Damon is not an apologist but he is certainly the focus and a target for their opinion.

9. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Israel has the right to defend it's citizens as she sees fit. You better believe we would be doing the same thing if Canada or Mexico were lobbing rockets at us.

Time to turn Hamas into a greasy spot in the sand.

10. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I would do the same thing if a country tried to set up brick walls around me and keep encroaching my space to make it ever smaller. What do you think the people of Texas would do in the same situation?

11. ethics

Gaza was under Israel when it was attacked and they took the land. Then they gave it up -- even with warnings that Gaza would be used as a launching pad for rockets. "Keep encroaching"? If Israel wanted to "encroach" there wouldn't be Hamas or Palestinians left.

Please don't repeat what you said here because you will be looked upon as a simpleton.

Copzilla, ShinyTop and Piobaireachd like this.
  12. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

There are no brick walls around Gaza. Not only that, Israel is STILL sending in food and supplies to Gaza. I actually just came from a counter-rally and the terror supporters were all chanting calling for the destruction of Israel. The only people who actually care about the people in Gaza are the Israelis. If they didn't, this whole "war" would've been over quite quickly.
    Not only that, but when Egypt and other arabs are denouncing Hamas, it's time to think.
    Also, Stephen Harper is a true statesman, Obama can learn a lot from him.

Biker likes this.
  13. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

If Hamas wanted peace, there'd be peace in minutes.

14. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

15. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Since Damonlab obviously gets his education from biased sources, here's a little history lesson.

Here's the original 1947 UN agreement.

[​IMG]

Notice the boundaries there Damon? Look real close at Gaza. Who was it ceded to?

When Israel declared "independence" in 1948, Arab armies (Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan) attack in June 1948. Israel goes on the counter offensive in July 1948.

[​IMG]

Now look REAL CLOSE at the legend on that map. When did Israel leave the Gaza strip?

Now, a second question. If the Gaza Strip was ceded back to the Arabs nearly 10 years ago, why is Hamas still poking the hornets nest? Here's a another history lesson. Hamas doesn't want peace. Hamas wants Israel wiped off the face of the map.

ethics likes this.
  16. ethics

Guise. What is this? Facts? Get out if here with that.

17. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I just can't believe in the middle of all this, no one's stopped to try and find Tupac Shakur's real killer.

Which we all know was Bebe Netanyahu.

18. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Also lost in all of this conversation was in 2005 Israel willing to concede all Palestinian demands on borders for the new Palestinian state. The Arab street then decided, no, never mind, we don't like that either, at which time they commenced bombing again.

Shrinking borders? GTFO of here with that.

I have, and always will, side with those who are NOT intentionally targeting civilians for death for political purposes. And before you get all liberal on me and talk about how Israel has killed civilians, notice the word "intentionally". That is in there purposely, and you may NOT ignore that one simple distinction in declaring who is morally correct in all of this.

ethics likes this.
  19. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Actually, I think we would appreciate a brick wall on our border.

Sierra Mike, Piobaireachd and Andy like this.
  20. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member