1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Israelis As Guilty As Palestinians

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Techie2000, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Moderator: This thread was split from <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3710">The American Education System: Should college be free?</a>

We could either raise taxes, or cut expenses. Maybe start giving Israel less money and invest it more at home. Also we could do the same as we do with welfare, if you win the lottery, you must repay your welfare...

2. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

a) What does giving Israel money have to do with college?
    b) College should not be free. If it becomes free, it will become as terrible as the US Public School system.
    -Edit- I just wanted to add that as for point (A), you are sure not ready for college if you're so ignorant about economic reasons for foreign aid. You might have had a point if you mentioned Egypt or Latin America though. Do I see something seeping through or are you only aware of one country?

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Israel gives US more in investments than US gives to Israel. If you want to say give less to dictatorships like Egypt, I'd be cheering you on.

4. Techie2000

Israel harbors terrorists, and we give them more money than any other country. So I decided we should stop supporting a country that harbors terrorists who we give lots of money too...

5. jamming

jamming Banned

Say What??? Techie are you on Drugs? Damn has this what are education system is coming to? When Israeli Settlers killed people the Israeli put them on trial and gave them life imprisonment when they were not defending their enclaves. Israel is not a country that harbors terrorists, the Hamas and other's around them in the Biqa Valley in Lebanon support terrorists. Why do you think the only Democratically Elected Government besides Turkey in the Middle East supports Terrorists?

6. Sir Joseph

Plus we give more money to Egypt than to Israel. Plus, most of the money that we LEND to Israel comes right BACK TO THE US in the form of purchases.
    Techie, I would worry more about your current education and stop worrying about getting a free college education.

7. Techie2000

Now that I think about it I like mikeky's idea. It still provides motivation. As far as Isreali terrorists, what do you call the Israelis who go tie bombs to themselves and blow up innocent Palestinians? Since they are not terrorists (god forbid) then what are they? Freedom fighters?

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Swap Israeli with Palestinians and you will get a correct picture. :)

9. Techie2000

I'm not trying to say that the Palestinians are perfect either, but the point I'm trying to make is that the Israelis are just as guilty as the Palestinians of terrorism and yet we continue to provide great financial support to Israel...

10. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

You may see Israelis as equal terrorists to the Palestinians but I don't. I see a difference between bombing religious ceremonies, weddings, and cafes and destroying homes of proven terrorists. A big difference.

11. Techie2000

Since the Israelis are proven terrorists, then by your logic there is nothing wrong with them blasting each other to death until we have barren land...

12. ShinyTop

Pardon me, I did not see the Israelis as equal terroriests, you did. Proven by whose standards? Proven when?

13. Sir Joseph

It must have been a very small bomb as nobody here ever heard of it. You really should check out the news. Did you know that on Friday another bomb killed 12 people in Hebron? All I hear is suicide bombers, I never hear of an Israeli placing a bomb on themselves and blowing it up.

Don't evade the question. Prove it to us. Where the hell did you hear about this? Is it from school or just some website you go to?

14. jamming

jamming Banned

Well we see something here we never use to see in America, a kid who is an apologist for the Palestinians. Do a little checking before you speak out, try reading about the 1972 Munich Olympics. Try reading about what happened the day Israel was granted nationhood, in the late 1940's. Giving Israel statehood was one of the few things the USSR and USA agreed with in the beginning of the Cold War. Equal Terrorism, give it a break.

15. Techie2000

I think this BBC article sums up my feelings. I also offer up the following that will probably be dismissed as completely biased, and unfactual...

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_15-11-2002_pg4_2
    http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=519
    http://www.shianews.com/hi/middle_east/news_id/0000726.php
    http://palestinechronicle.com/article.php?story=20021115201308384

16. ShinyTop

Why do you believe these rather than our press. While certainly not above rebuke our press loves nothing more than showing up a our government, especially the current president. So I would more readily believe the free press on my own country.

17. jamming

jamming Banned

From the BBC article "He said their(Israel) targeting of civilians defined their action as terrorism" I guess that means American's are terrorists to as we hunt Al' Queda which are part of no military organization and thereby are civilians. What a load of crap.

18. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Techie, I am not an expert on the situation between Israel and the Palestinians, but I think you are a bit misinformed on this topic. Keep in mind that Israel has shown tremendous restraint in dealing with the Palestinians. Israel is very well armed, and the Palestinians can do nothing but strap bombs to their sons and raid civilians homes and machine gun men, women and children to death. In my opinion, their is no comparison. The Palestinians are waging a very nasty war where there are no boudaries. If they had nuclear weapons, I'm sure they would have no problem destroying entire cities at a time.

19. Techie2000

jamming: There is a clear difference between civilians and criminals. Besides the point is the fact that are government has also locked up non-terrorist civilians who have spotless records.

20. jamming

jamming Banned

Techie2000: Just because that you have a spotless record, doesn't mean you have never committed a crime.