1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Richard Armitage the answer to N. Korea?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by rowd, Jan 11, 2003.

1. rowd

rowd Spark Maker

<i>Far from knowing all the ins and outs of international chess and how to pull a rabbit out of the hat, I never the less read this article by Bill Keller N.Y.T. with interest. He sounds like he has an idea that might work but I am ignorant to the working of policy wonks and the like.</i>
    Comments would be appreciate

Article

2. jamming

jamming Banned

No, he is not the Answer.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Comment #1: Don't post 100% of an article. Post 10-15% and a link.

Comment #2: Interesting spin. A lot of what's been said here in the article could be convertible to actual action, but Armitage is hardly without his own detractors. A lot of this depends upon real-world events, which are spiralling a bit into the state of Neverending Virtriol.

SM

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

An interesting article Rowd. Thank you for posting it.

Whether Armitage is the answer or not I cannot say.
    North Korea seems to be <strike>requesting</strike> demanding appeasement to it's blackmail threat.

The prior agreement if enforcable quid pro quo certainly sounded like the best of all worlds. I do hope that diplomacy with the world members involved can diffuse the situation before stronger measures are applied.