1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS North Korea just following our examples?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by wapu, Jan 10, 2003.

1. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I found the opinions expressed in this BBC Article rather interesting. Specifically:
    The double standard and hypocrisy with which the current administration has been acting is appalling to me. For me, this article lays things out perfectly.

As a side, I was interested in this <i>Royal United Services Institute for Defence Studies</i> that the author of the article is associated with. I went to their website, www.rusi.org, and found this:

If you have heard of them, what do you think of RUSI?

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, I know nothing about RUSI, but am becoming more informed. :)

This article of course approaches the situation from an interesting viewpoint that, if undertaken by a rational nation, would have made for some interesting debate. However, given the DPRK's propensity to issue vile rhetoric on a daily basis (even before any of this started) and its general ruthlessness (witness blown up airliners and political executions, not to mention kidnappings), I would frankly have to say this article is more a jab at the Bush Administration as opposed to an authoritative treatise on cause and effect.

Well, let's see...I live in the 21st Century, and we need Yemeni good will until we can get them to clean up their own mess. Seeing as how we need basing rights for the pending Second Gulf War, this is nothing more than an example of the time-honored "give a little, get a little." We can all understand this.

Well. Except for those of us browsing this forum from the DPRK or, apparently, RUSI.

SM