1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Cory Booker Retarded?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Arc

Arc Full Member

The Dems are making a big mistake fighting this hard over Kavanaugh, who is by all reasonable standards a highly qualified and excellent candidate for the court. They should have chosen to let him slide with just a small amount of protest or heat. Why is it a mistake? Because if there is another vacancy on the court while Trump is in office the next guy will be a lot more conservative and "out there" than Kavanaugh, but the Dems will have used up or wasted ammunition against the next nominee by throwing a lot of at Kavanaugh. And worse, if the next vacancy is a replacement of one of the liberal justices, then the Dems will really be up the creek without much of a paddle.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Allene and ethics like this.
  3. ethics

Well said.

4. ethics

This just in... LOL.

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

Poor guy is never going to get out of New Jersey.

6. ethics

7. ethics

I love Lawrence Jones. :)

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Kavanaugh would be a no-brainer confirmation if it weren't for the fact that he will take over Kennedy's seat and join a court that is basically a 4-4 vote without him.

The votes were counted before the hearings began. This is all just wasteful kabuki theater in which Democrats vying for the 2020 nomination get in some sound bites for their future campaigns, and Kavanaugh, as his predecessors did, declines to answer the hypothetical questions that the Democrats ask over and over and over again.

I don't think that Harris or Booker have helped themselves with their performances here. Harris with her cryptic questions about any conversations with a particular law firm, and Booker with his email fiasco. And they both got breathless press coverage ("former prosecutor Kamala Harris with a takedown of Kavanaugh"). I watched Harris on PBS NewsHour before the hearings started and she said up front that she won't vote for him. Then Judy Woodruff asked her if she's going to listen to him and Harris said "Of course I'll listen to what he has to say..."
    Bullshit.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Especially with that chorus behind him whispering in his ear "Keep it up, and you could be the next Obama!"