1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraqis Splash Predator

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Oh, whoopee! They probably thought this one was a fair fight.

US Spy Plane Shot Down

I'm very much enamored of statements such as this:

I for one am curious as to what a "brave sky eagle" is in Iraq, since their current air force couldn't go to guns on a brown wren sitting peacefully in an immobile tree.

SM

2. Domh

Domh Full Member

LMAO

You a funny man!

:thumbsup:

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, I do try to provide some modicum of comedy relief along with the cutting, incisive analysis.

I'm also noting for the record that the Iraqis probably need this shootdown for morale. I think it's the only time they've fired on an aircraft and not lost an entire air defense system immediately thereafter. So for once, the Iraqis have "heroic air defense forces" as opposed to [paraphrasing] "attacked civilian targets and [dead] innocent people."

SM

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Actually when I saw the pictures on TV of the downed predator I thought I saw a tail on it made of ribbons.

Are they sure it wasn't an Iraqui kite?

5. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

I don't think it was a Predator at all. I think it was one of those balsa wood gliders that I used to play with when I was a kid. ;)

Delicate and planned? Instead of their usual 'Rough and clueless'...

6. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

I wonder if when swatting flies it takes the same "delicate and planned operation".- 'With "God's help" we can down those pesky flies'.-

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Aren't flies God's creatures? (As are dogs, which Muslims find "dirty").

8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Thought it was pigs that were "unclean"...

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Well, yes, pigs as well but Muhammad made a statement in the Koran about uncleanliness of dogs.

10. aedumo

aedumo Veteran Member

so are humans, but according to the iraqis, god is helping them

11. Domh

Domh Full Member

*gasp*

A religion that makes no fucking sense at all!? NO WAY MAN!

*swoon*

:rolleyes:

12. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

Many months ago I sent a letter to the Defense Department suggesting a way to route the Talaban and Osama bin Laden from the Tora Bora caves. The US would truck thousands of pigs to the mountains and let them loose in the caves. Also, drop tons of pig guts on their suspected hideouts. Don't laugh... I really did this. I never received any reply though.

I wish all those black Crown Victorias and Chevy Caprices would quit parking in my neighborhood.

13. jamming

jamming Banned

FrankF those must be you neighbors from that cult, the government dosn't order the black ones anymore.:angel: