1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraq War To Begin At Sea?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Good golly, is this disinformation? I have no doubt naval assets would be part of any attack, but the definitive axis of advance would come across Iraq's tiny coastline?

Well, OK...read all about it at British: Iraq War Would Begin at Sea

SM

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

This is a cat and mouse game.

Dis-information plays a large part in any military campaign.

The invasion ploy was used in the 1st Gulf war to effectively hold the Republican Guard in position for the flanking movement executed by the ground forces.

This time it may indeed be used with a co-ordinated pincer movement from the North and the West. The main battleground of course will be Baghdad itself. Special OPs will be flown to the known hotspots where bio and chem attacks may generate from, to secure those weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a siege surrounding Baghdad and a waiting out period to let a coup generate from within. I doubt seriously if Iraq will group their armies in a pitched battle with our forces scattered throughout Iraq. Most likely they will fall back and re-group outside Baghdad and make their stand.

All speculation on my part of course...

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I heard on the news a couple days ago that Iraq has six divisions surrounding Baghdad. Saddam is also threatening to lay waste to his country. A noble leader.

4. Sierra Mike

I do find that exceedingly problematic. What message is he conveying to his people and his neighbors by making such inane statements?

SM

5. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I believe the term is salted earth.

Judging from his past, he will do it with as large a loss of life as possible. And, of course, he will try to pin the blame on us. While this war may be many things it will not be Gulf War II The return.

If he has chemical and biological weapons and he knows he is going to be killed, this could get very messy.

6. Sierra Mike

Scorched earth, actually.

SM