1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone Announced...

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jan 9, 2007.

1. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Now, you're just not paying attention, Vi! ;)

The battery life is quite good--better than comparable phones by a long shot. But it's not user-swappable.

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Ok you got me but if you think I'm gonna read 8 pages based on a cell phone....! ;)

3. joseftu

You're not a true fanboy, then!

(Which is to your credit, I'm sure! :))

4. Violet1966

No I'm not into all this crazy cell phone and ipod stuff. I'm pretty boring that way. If I had an ipod it would be filled with music that would ruin my hearing for sure. Music videos annoy me. I find most movies to be a waste of my time and even if there was something I wanted to watch, I'd probably go blind trying to view it on such a small screen. I think all this fuss is kind of crazy personally. I hate the phone and life has been very peaceful since I got rid of my cell back in December when the contract was up. LOL ;)

5. ravital

ravital Banned

Another review

Not a tech publication, granted, but certainly one that caters to the greatest crowd of power users (seems to be a free article)

6. joseftu

But by the time you need to do that, the warranty is already over anyway.

7. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Joe, are you going to be at your local store at 6pm tonight when they become available?

8. Violet1966

That was an excellent review.

If I were to buy this thing, that would annoy me most of all. I used to use my cellphone to play bejeweled while waiting at doctor, etc. LOL

9. tke711

BTW....it's being reported all over this morning that the EDGE network mysteriously went from around 40 per second up to 200 per second today.

Mmmm...I wonder if that has anything to do with the iPhone release today? ;)

10. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Could be. :whistle:

11. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

There were half a dozen or so lined up at the nearest AT&T store today around noon.

12. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Wow, so everyone who bought and paid for EDGE before was basically getting screwed because Cingular/AT&T cares only about catering to IPhone users. :haha:

13. Biker

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Seems all Apple employees are going to get a free 8 gig model.. Bastages... :vmad:

14. joseftu

Nope. I'm on vacation in the Poconos. I'm going to be ordering online, so it will be waiting for me when I get home. But on the drive on the way here, we stopped for lunch and a toilet at a mall somewhere in NJ, near the Pennsylvania border. Seemed like the middle of nowhere, but at 1230 in the afternoon, both the Apple store and the ATT store in that mall had lines of about 10 people each.

Maybe this is just a ATT rumor? I spoke to a high-level Apple sales rep earlier in the week and said exactly the opposite--they not only won't get them for free, but they're also not allowed to jump the line and buy one, even if (as he will be) they're working in the store. But maybe he was just giving me the official word!

15. Biker

Sales rep is full of shit...

From USA Today

16. tke711

Enjoy your vacation!!!!!

And I look forward to hearing your review when you get back. :)

If reviews keep coming back good for the next 3 months or so, I'm sure I'll jump on the bandwagon as well. :)

17. joseftu

OH, man, is he ever going to get an earful from me next week!

18. joseftu

And now look what the online store is saying...

Pacific Time? Fooey!

19. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I was reading on another forum that there is no instore activation, you have to buy the phone, take it home and activate it with a plan online. If you don't qualify credit wise for service you have to return the phone and you'll have to pay a 10% restocking fee. Person posting this was supposedly a At&t store rep, and these rules are set down by Apple, not At&t. Man, that's gotta suck.

20. joseftu

If you're spending $500 on a phone, and you can't make the credit qualification, I really do feel sorry for you. A $50 restocking fee for that poor schmuck is really adding insult to injury.