1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad Thread

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I'm hoping the $1000 price tag rumor isn't true, because I'm not sure I'd drop that much on it when I have a good laptop to use around the house. However, if it's around $600, I'm sure it will be in my house in no time. :)

3. ethics

For 1K it has to have something revolutionary for me.

4. tke711

Agreed, and the rumors so far don't paint a revolutionary picture. Basically, it sounds like a tablet Macbook will a kick as touch screen like the iPhone.

5. ethics

Which will NOT be worth it for me. At least not at 1K. 600? I can probably bite but a pretty tablet just for the sake of pretty tablet? Nah uh.

6. tke711

Yep. Plus, as much as I love my iPhone, I'm not sure I want a virtual keyboard for my evening surfing on the couch.

7. ethics

Oh right, forgot about that negative.

8. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Not excited for this. I'll have to see it when it comes out. Just not sure where it fits into my gadget arsenal? I have my phone, iTouch, Kindle, TomTom, and MacBook Pro. Each has somehow reduced the amount of stuff I need to carry except for the MBP (Kindle:Books, TomTom:Atlas/Maps, iTouch:CD/Addressbook/PDA/GameBoy, Phone:Camera and change for payphones).

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Of course if you didn't have your laptop you would have to carry a reference library, Typewriter/Word Processor, photo albums, Video Player
    countless notepads, pens, pencils, rulers, calculator, etc... Not to mention spending endless days driving and flying around the world to do everything you probably do on a daily basis with it.

Other than that you are right, it is just one more thing to carry around. :blank:

10. Techie2000

Hence why I excluded my laptop from the analogy :p

11. Techie2000

Okay they're going to reveal the damn tablet. The fanboys are going to buy the thing. And then whatever. What I think will be the bigger news is if/when iPhone finally is available off at&t.

12. ethics

1. Tablet will be revealed.
    2. Tablet will be bigger than anything we've seen, including the iPhone.
    3. AT&T, it will be announced, has lost exclusivity and that ALL major carriers will be carrying and supporting the iPhone.

Now, if #2 does NOT happen, the fanboyz expectations will be deflated so much there will be a huge sucking sound and parts of the earth will actually cave in.

13. tke711

Latest rumors I've read say that the tablet will be around $600. If that's true, it will likely be a huge hit.

It will be interesting what the news is about AT&T. Some rumors say it's the iPhone that will be available on other carriers, other rumors say that the tablet will be on other carriers.

We shall see tomorrow.

14. ethics

WTF? Is that ALL enthusiasm you can muster for a day like tomorrow! I am telling God, you worthless slime.

[​IMG]

15. tke711

LMAO...I used up all my enthusiasm on your wife earlier today.

16. ethics

Really? No wonder she seemed bored.

17. tke711

You're mistaking exhaustion for boredom.

18. ethics

I've seen exhaustion before, I've never seen her bored... until now.

19. tke711

That's because you came home.

20. Greg

Greg Full Member

It would be an iPhone if it wasn't any bigger. It will surely be significantly larger than an iPhone.

Nice dickfight! :) Both of you! :)

Rumor has it that the price point is $600-$1K. This is my personal uninformed guess but I'm betting that it will be about the same size as an "A" sized document, 8.5"x11".

So what will it be called? iTablet?