1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Dec 24, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Would help if you gave a little more info there... ;)

Froogle is a new service from Google that makes it easy to find information about products for sale online. By focusing entirely on product search, Froogle applies the power of Google's search technology to a very specific task: locating stores that sell the item you want to find and pointing you directly to the place where you can make a purchase.

To use Froogle, go to the "Froogle" link on the advanced search page or go directly to the Froogle home page. Type in the name of the item you want to find and click on "Froogle Search." Almost instantly, you'll see photos of relevant products and links to the stores that sell them. Or you may choose to browse through the merchandise categories listed on Froogle's home page until you find exactly the item you want to buy.

As with all other Google search results, Froogle ranks store sites based only on their relevance to the search terms you've entered. Google does not accept payment for placement within our actual search results, and advertising that appears to the right of Froogle search results is always clearly identified with the label "Sponsored Links."

3. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

"<i>Froogle is a new service from Google that makes it easy to find information about products for sale online. By focusing entirely on product search, Froogle applies the power of Google's search technology to a very specific task: locating stores that sell the item you want to find and pointing you directly to the place where you can make a purchase.</i>"

Purdy soon, Google will be as big as Microsoft, eh? Ok, maybe not "<i>quite</i>" as big. ;)

4. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Damnit ethics. :)

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I did a few searches and... well, let's just say you have to be REALLY specific.

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Shhh... Don't tell Saadam ;)

7. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Heh...aside from a few book titles, the search for VX Nerve gas returned zip.

8. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

They must not have all of the bugs worked out yet. Froogle returned only one hit for "fuck microsoft"... however, Google returned 1,220 hits for the same search.