1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting GA statistic: who's the babe magnet?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Susan Addams, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

Arc is right. Nobody goes out looking for ugly people. They look for good looking people who have the attributes they seek. But when choosing between two men looks might take a back seat to another more desirable trait. money ;)

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

"Cook", in that context, has more than one meaning. :drool-11:

3. MemphisMark

This wasn't the image of what I was looking for, but it's close enough!

[​IMG]

Susan Addams likes this.
  4. Susan Addams

Mark, you did get my double entendre! :) I was thinking you could accomplish the same by using a different verb. (Semi-rhymes with cook...)

It goes both ways Mark. Some women may find male attributes other than a pretty face may be more important. Also you should understand that male criteria for judging pretty women are by no means the same as female criteria for judging hansom men. Some women like e.g. the rugged type or the bad boy type. My own favorite is a man who can pull off bad boy but in a teasingly non-serious way along with doing sophisticated and educated at the same time. In other words, he pulls off a bad boy demeanor but is not a bad boy at all. Looks like he rode in on a hog but in reality spends his days on the NYSE/NASDAQ or similar pursuits.

I also learned a lesson with my last lover, to not date outside of my class (bourgeoisie in the Marxist sense, although of course I am a capitalist). My ex was in the contracting business and not in a good way.

ETA:

Mark, I can see you and I are exactly on the same page! Your post was highly amusing! It's too bad that lottery statistics show that something like 1/3 of all lottery winners lose the whole thing in their first year. One wonders how the babe in the picture will be doing financially after a year!

My own goals are as a power couple. I think everybody on the forum knows me well enough to realize that I don't want some man to support me. I like the idea of both my lover and I being separately financially successful.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

I have never found Tom Cruise attractive. I think he's whacked out too.

Susan Addams likes this.
  6. Susan Addams

I couldn't believe it when Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher! Tom Cruise is 5'-7". Lee Child's character Jack Reacher is IIRC 6'-4"! Reacher is a good guy (ex-military drifter cum knight errant) who you wouldn't want to meet in a dark, deserted alley unless he's on your side.

I bet a good sized slap would take Cruise down!!! LOLOL!!! :D

Cruise is your typical dumb-f*** Hollywood actor, appearing at liberal causes and believes in a church that was invented by a science fiction author! I'm almost totally certain that L. Ron Hubbard wrote his Dianetics book as a practical joke!

Cruise represents all I hate about scum sucking sanctimonious liberals advocating living green while they trash the environment and light cigars with pictures of Benjamin Franklin.

("But no, Susan, tell us how you really feel!") ;) ;) ;)

Allene likes this.
  7. Allene

Allene Registered User

My husband loves Lee Child's books. :) Back to Tom Cruise, I have always felt that something is missing in him . . . something that would keep me from ever considering him marriage material.

8. MemphisMark

This quote is probably the closest to the truth about a bet between LRH and RAH and/or other writers:

Hey, let's see if we can get a fad going like the Tide Pod Challenge, but only celebrities where they light their cigars/cigarettes with a road flare... That WILL solve the problem. The fumes from the road flare will destroy your lungs. I saw a Hell's Angel do that, it damn near killed him. Don't do this at home, kids!

Susan Addams likes this.
  9. Arc

Arc Full Member

Well since this thread as been so derailed almost to the point of hijacked...I like Tom Cruise as an actor and almost all of the movies he appears in. I don't care what his or anyone else's religion is and having never met him I just based my opinion on him as an actor, an occupation for which professional film critics and the film industry acknowedge him as an exceptional actor. (And a box office successful one too.)

He's a legend for doing his own stunt work, some of which is pretty impressive, especially as he continues them well into middle age.

Here are three examples. Two from the first "Jack Reacher" film for those that did not see it and another highly skilled display in the movie, "Collateral."

Susan Addams likes this.
  10. Susan Addams

Mark, I simply loved your story about all those SF greats in on L. Ron's practical joke! Of course I've read them all, probably read almost of all that each of them has written. You may recall my BA English Lit degree, and at the BA level probably good only to prove my bona fides as a bookworm! I would still be reading SF if not so much of it has become reality. Rather, I've been reading fantasy lately and intend to debut in that genre. At least we know that reality will never catch up with magic. Write a SF novel but substitute magic for science and you have a fantasy novel. You know who said it: "Science, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic."

Arc, LOL, my apologies for derailing the topic (or my part of it) but I believe the best topics always evolve, that a topic with legs can be a wonderful thing to behold! At least we won't have any complaints from the OP. ;)

I'm not going to watch your video clips mainly because I've realized I've made a horrible mistake in being so busy as to have not seen the movie yet. In fact I haven't had time to see any movie on my new HT setup! The fix for that is incredibly easy. A bit of typing and clicking and I can sit back with my favorite munchies and chosen imbibement and enjoy the movie. I don't really dislike Cruise, he's just not my favorite actor, and if he's stupid enough to believe a joke religion it's not my problem. (It seems to me that most actors are asshole liberals.) It will be interesting to see how Cruise portrays Reacher, a character who if in real life could rip Cruise to pieces with his bare hands. LOL! :)

Hell, I'm in for it. I should probably spend more time focusing on pissing people off at work so that I can begin my vacay sooner. Hm... Maybe a bad idea since I may need some work in Cali when I get there. (BTW I've listed my condo and have two backup plans: one of my local BFFs said she'd let me roost in her spare bedroom, and Renee in Cali also has a spare bedroom for me! I'm pretty sure work would let me telecommute from Cali, attend meetings via video.)

I'll watch Reacher as soon as I have a spare couple hours to kick back and enjoy it, and I'm sure I will enjoy it! You said, "First of... ?" That's great! I trust that no producer would waste money if the movie wasn't a guaranteed success, wouldn't waste money on Tom Cruise if he couldn't pull it off, and certain that there is a practically unlimited wealth of Reacher stories thanks to Lee Child's great writing! I've enjoyed every one except possibly the most recent, again due to lack of time, not lack of desire.

Child's Reacher series covers it all, earlier stories from Reacher's MP days, the bulk of the works describing Reacher's knack of getting into interesting situations, and out of them of course, with the bad guys getting it increadibly bad(ly), and more often than not getting Reacher a bit of romance along the way. Child's series has everything for the guys, has everything for the gals! Plus, every novel is a "can't put it down" where the action never stops, never a slow moment in the series.

I sure wish Hollywood would look into buying the movie rights for Brian Haig's Sean Drummond series (also a MP), and yes you know who Haig's father is. :) Or buy the movie rights to Stephen White's Dr. Alan Gregory series, both White and his protagonist are clinical psychologists. Yeah, you know why I enjoyed that series! :)

There is such a wealth of wonderful books that have never been made into movies that if all writers simply quit writing we would not run out of screenplays for hundreds of years, except of course we all enjoy contemporary drama and few want a diet of historic fiction. There are far more works out there worthy of being made into movies than could possibly ever be filmed!