1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting GA statistic: who's the babe magnet?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Susan Addams, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

I just noticed, when you hit members you get a screen that includes the avatars (or defaults) of the most recent 12 members joined.

8 out of 12 are women. Okay guys, which one of you is the babe magnet? ;)

SRSLY it could be just a statistical anomaly. Maybe in a few months it will be 8 men and 4 women.

Did you know that if you gather a group of 30 people (a class size in some schools) that there's better than a 50/50 chance two will have the same birthday?

Well that's the one I learned but it's slightly off:

Allene likes this.
  2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Me, of course. ;)

Allene and Susan Addams like this.
  3. Susan Addams

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, Mark. You don't start well with chicks but you seem to have a way of catching up. I have the idea that you suddenly surprise chicks who belatedly find they've fallen for you.

Biker seems to start out better but I have a feeling he needs to do some ab crunchers to get totally buff! ;) I also suspect Biker is a heart breaker. If Biker had a hog I'd be comfortable leaning back on the sissy bar! He has a way of making a chick feel like he's in control but that it's okay because he's a gentleman. Don't worry Mark, I think you are too. I know my acrylics would never touch a door handle with either of you two!

I gotta watch both of you guys. It's too bad the year has 12 months. I guess you guys could do an even/odd calendar. :p

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I'm taken. :p

5. Susan Addams

That's a good thing Biker. I think you are probably a bad boy and a heart breaker.

Anyway I know you are talking about your dog. :) You didn't think I'd figure that out, did you? Gotcha! ;)

Allene likes this.
  6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Too funny! :rolf-53: Seriously, GA has always been heavy on the men. In the past few years, I've been the only regularly posting woman, but I don't count because, with a couple of exceptions, I am old enough to be their mother. :biggrin-31:

Susan Addams likes this.
  7. MemphisMark

My wife (of 29 years) keeps me around because I played a trick on her before we met. She wants me nearby if she ever figures out how to get even with me. So far the score is 847 to 3. ;)

I tell people, "I am humbled and honored that she chooses to wake up next to me each morning. I am shocked and amazed that I get to wake up next to her every morning, because that means she hasn't suffocated me in my sleep."

I'm closer. :run-66:

Susan Addams likes this.
  8. Susan Addams

Maybe the era of Global Affairs has arrived upon an era of gender equality.

Maybe enlightened men will realize that women are better than to waste upon only having their babies.

9. MemphisMark

[​IMG]

Susan Addams and Allene like this.
  10. Susan Addams

Awwww... Mark. Your post teared up my eyes! :)

Just one thing. Give that same woman the title CEO and she may bring crazy-wild success to your corporation.

Think about that, Mark.

11. MemphisMark

I admire and appreciate women who can stand up and play the men's game toe-to-toe with us and not be deferential, self-depreciating or self-undermining by making orders sound like unsure requests.

This is Laura Conrad, who drew a random question of "What's your favorite position." This of course, with the two prior questions has a sexual connotation.

Her answer? "CEO."

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  12. Susan Addams

Mark, I thought part of the philosophy of Global Affairs was that we are supposed to introduce subjects with our own reason for posting it or what it means to the person posting specifically.

Explain what your video is purported to say and maybe I'll read it.

I'm not kidding. I think I read that in the GA rules somewhere. And quit posting those stupid chauvinist signs.

All your posts are what you want for women. None of them are about what women want for women. Maybe it never occurred to you to ask a woman what she wants instead of telling her what she wants.

I'll tell you what women want. They want gender to not be an issue. Period. That's it, that's all of it.

Allene likes this.
  13. MemphisMark

Fixed my post. Just so I know, which signs are "chauvinist"?

I adore women, in their various shapes, sizes and personalities. It does not matter to me the external characteristics, but the internal. A supermodel who is personally cruel is not beautiful to me. A woman with a less-than-perfect body, a sharp mind, a caring heart and a pleasure to be around is beautiful to me.

14. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Well said, Mark. From a man's point of view. I agree Suzy that gender should not be an issue in the workplace. But gender, I hope, will always be an issue with me. I hope when I see a witty women give a radiant smile I still pause and admire. I hope that I until I pass this mortal coil that I notice a shapely woman. I guess because of the way I was raised I will always open doors for a woman. I have never wanted a woman to feel threatened or even uncomfortable around me yet I will engage in conversation given half the chance. I fell cheated that the lowest of men, those who use position to abuse women have made it more difficult for men and woman to get along. The light at the end of the tunnel is that I hope when woman feel more empowered to stop that behavior early we will be living in a better world for all of us.

15. Susan Addams

Shiny, you are almost there! :) Just remember that women are attracted to hansom men who take care in their physical fitness, personal hygiene and mode of dressing. Casual or suits can both be the way to go depending on how the man brings it off. And yes of course we women appreciate gentlemen opening our doors and otherwise treating us like ladies. Remember we have our part to play in that gender dance too.

Plenty of women have problems with self-esteem and these women often accept abuse as the cost of having a man and being cared for. I believe that society is changing and that ever fewer women are satisfied with accepting this subservient role. Some women have learned a faulty role where learn (falsely) that their job is to give sex in return for being supported. There are weak women, there are weak men.

Gender equality in the workplace will be sincerely appreciated, and to me that appears be improving. A woman does not need a man to support her, or at least not a smart woman. Such women are looking for men as equal partners. There is no doubt there is only one gender who can birth the babies, but it is the father's role to support his family and respect when the mother wants to return to the workforce. It takes both parents to raise a child. But I find it difficult to understand women who would rather stay home and feed bottles and wipe asses any longer than necessary to get their children sufficiently self sufficient (along with day care etc.) and not want to return to more challenging work. That is where the gender neutral workforce comes into play.

Sadly, womens' careers will always be impacted by enforced absences if they wish to have a family. That explains much of salary inequity, but it's no excuse for gender biased opportunity inequity. My own sister is at that point in her family and career, with children of 10 and 15 years old. Unfortunately she lives in a place with a poor economy and even with her vast talents she cannot find a job that will afford enough money to hire daycare for her youngest. The best plan she can work out at the present is to hope to get a morning job so that she can be there when her 10 year old comes home from school. In America hopefully an educated woman would be able to earn enough income to not only pay for the daycare but turn a profit for the family too.

Biology prevents women from being equal in every way, but culture should not add to that by restricting women's employment opportunities. People have to accept that women are half of the world's population and that it's a waste of talent to subject them to gender bias.

I'll say it again. Gender should not be an issue. Adding to it, gender should be a celebration because neither man nor woman can lead a healthy and productive life without the two genders working together, as equals.

Allene likes this.
  16. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is what irks me the most about American men. You have to remind them about being a man. The gamma's in the US are killing what it was to be a man and hide behind the shitty technologies and other excuses. The amount of fat, disgusting, smelly fuckers in NYC is appalling.

17. Arc

Arc Full Member

And the "real men:" good looking confident men with maturity and good communication skills are thankful for them. The real men absolutely clean up on attracting and keeping the unlimited selection of whatever type of women they like.

I added communication skills, (you could add good personality as a subsection under good communication), as I lost count over the years of the numerous intelligent, personable, attractive women that have complained to me about the guy that looks and moves great and is of great interest to them until he opens his mouth. The other type of men that are not "real men" and are the most named disliked type by women is the "men" that are clingers.

ethics and Allene like this.
  18. Allene

Allene Registered User

By the time I got married at age 31, good looks and spiffy dressing had taken a back seat to more enduring qualities like kindness.

19. Susan Addams

There are better qualities that good looks or Tom Cruse would be a good catch. (He's whacked out IMO.)

I've heard a man say, "She may not be much in looks but she sure can cook!" (You could use other verbs if you wished.) ;)

Allene likes this.
  20. Arc

Arc Full Member

Of course but what you are covering is moving way past from where I'm beginning, which is a single man and woman see each other and or meet and that is the starting point. Good looks or physical appearance when on the table is a key common desirable STARTING or attraction point asset. Nothing else. Then if a serious relationship develops we now have for both parties the issues of integrity, kindness, stability, direction or goals, compatibility, etc.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Allene and ShinyTop like this.