1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

integral's first look

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by claire, Dec 20, 2002.

1. claire

claire Registered User

2. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

<i>This will also contribute to understanding the monstrous black hole - three million times the mass of our Sun - at the centre of our Galaxy.</i>

I didn't know there was a black hole at the center of the galaxy, but it makes sense, in a cosmological sort of way. This would also seem to support -- if it is in fact true -- that the universe will eventually contract, if not doing so already, to create the "Big Crunch" as Stephen Hawking described it.

Considering all these fascinating new findings that are just now falling within our grasp to perceive (thanks in no small way to technology), makes me wonder what else is out here that we cannot yet perceive, or even conceive of.

3. claire

claire Registered User

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post
    Coriolis.
    Actually you know that they are as many experts supporting the"Big Crunch"theory as experts opposing this theory.
    Only time will tell.And I am wondering who will know since most of our solar system is bound to be destroyed because of the extinction of the Sun.

:)