1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside the Secret Cities That Created the Atomic Bomb

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, May 12, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I actually visited K-12 at Oak Ridge to each a class for UHC. My students individually got about half the class because they were constantly going in and out.

It turned out a bunch of "suits" from Washington were conducting an investigation. It turns out several protestors penetrated their security and wrote anti-nuke graffiti on the exterior wall of the building that processes the fuel for the "physics package" as part of a "special weapon." Be glad all they had was rattle cans of spray paint and not C-4...

Many of the buildings and foundations of defensive positions were still there, albeit sans weapons. There were also signs for "Rally points" that everyone had to go to if certain alarms went off.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  3. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Area 51
    "Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base" by Annie Jacobsen

I just finished this book and can't recommend it enough! Lots of info about the development and testing of atomic weapons, along with other things that will make you go "hmmmmm"...

BDD

ethics likes this.
  4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Alright, but you owe me $9.99 if its no good!

BigDeputyDog likes this.