1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert Web Link Function

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mikepd, Nov 18, 2010.

1. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Whenever I try to insert a hyperlink into a post, it always puts the link at the top of the post, making it the first sentence of the post.

I then have to do a cut and paste to place it where I really want to put in the post. It happens every time I use the Insert Link function.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a peculiarity of this version of the board software that I have to get used to until the next release or later if ever?

Thanks for listening and thanks for keeping the place running, oh mighty wizards of the back room! Without your work the Forum would not exist in as good a shape as it does.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

What browser? I've not experienced the behavior you're describing.

3. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

IE9 beta version 9.0.7930.16406

It is most likely IE9, Microsoft is due to release a major build shortly and that may or may not fix this. I am more than willing to live with a few minor nits since I consider IE9 to be a real improvement over IE8.

I was just curious if anyone else had seen the behavior.

Thanks,

Biker

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

You're going to make me download that, aren't you? :tantrum:

5. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Let's see what happens when I try it using IE 8:

Google

Mmmm...worked just fine when using Fast Reply and the Insert Link button.

(Normally I just type the code instead of using the link, but it worked in either case)

Must be something with IE 9 beta.

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

No, you don't have to do that. I can llive with it until IE9 goes RTM. It's a minor thing. no need to get upset about. :)