1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Allene, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

IMDb discontinued the discussion groups. It was supposed to end on February 20th. I just went there and found out they'd already discontinued the groups AND discarded all of the old discussions. They are offering us an insipid Facebook page as a replacement. There really isn't much left at IMDb's website to make it worth going to. What a dumb decision!
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Lot of sites are doing this due to the prolific amount of trolling.
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yeah, there were a lot of deleted posts on that site. It was the best place to go if I'd just watched an ambiguous film that left me to come to my own conclusion. It was fun to see if anyone else came to the same conclusion, or had other opinions. The information on the movies, the actors, and the reviews and ratings will still be there, but they took the heart out of the place.
  4. Arc

Arc Full Member

I sometimes think that the direction of society is such that in the foreseeable future one won't be allowed to use the bathroom without first logging in to Facebook and that the NSA and Google will log a record of the visit.
    Allene likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And it's funny how it's always the Left that champions the suppression of freedom, first the freedom of speech.
    Allene likes this.