1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Image Ready problem

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ditch, Jan 26, 2003.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Damn it. I'm stumped again.
    When working with a background image in Image Ready 3, the progam freezes when I attempt to preview the image in Internet Explorer 6. No action at all when I click the preview button.

Anyone got any helpful hints here? I'd be grateful if you could pass any on.

Thanks. :)

2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

The problem has disappeared. I changed Firewalls from Zone alarm to Kerio. Beats me, but its working. :thumbsup:

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

I sure am glad you found a solution, ditch. The only thing I can figure out is that somehow ZA was not allowing Image Ready and IE to communicate, as the program would not receive internet access rights. Perhaps a loopback setting somewhere?

That's what I love about Kerio, though. I am the ultimate decision maker, program by program, process by process, of what is and is not allowed access. The fine-tuning I have the ability to do with Kerio is unparalled.

4. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I was surpires when I installed Kerio, replacing ZAF that internet explorer does go to local host for some of it's cached stuff. That is something that, I feel, ZA should have asked me about. Kerio is a little tough to learn, and I need to shut it down when VPNing into work, but I do like the control. I keep ZA on my families computers as it is very easy for them and they do not do more than surf and game anyways, but Kerio all the way!

5. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Thank you there folks. Good to hear the positives about Kerio. It does take a bit of configuring more so than ZA but I can live with that.