1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Hoarder

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by SixofNine, Aug 10, 2014.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Posted this on my FB page, too. Major archaeological finds as part of a big cleanup in what serves as the gaming room in the house (as well as the oldest's bedroom). I'll probably drop these off at the next electronics recycling event in my neighborhood.

hoarding.JPG

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hahaha, I remember those.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

That's not bad. Now if he'd had shown a picture of old cases, motherboards, and PSUs, THEN I'd have been impressed! :D

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I still have 2 of those Orinioco cards with the original plastic cases.. and just realized I have nothing to use them in anymore :lol:

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

They're in another location. :D

Biker likes this.
  6. Biker

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Next up on....

Storage.jpg

yups.jpg

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I have 5 CRT monitors that I cannot take a picture of they are hidden so well.

I also hoard power supplies. The devices may be long gone but I have the power supplies just in case. Recently threw away a 3.5 floppy drive still in packaging in case I ever needed it.

9. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I happened across two of my wife's Commodore 64's in our garage last week. She used those before we got married. I have an Apple //c in the hall closet, and these beauties:

And yes, all of them still work...

Blackberry.JPG Palm Pilot.JPG Newton Clone.JPG

10. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Still have a functioning Palm T|X, and my wife's Sony Clie but we cleaned out our electronics hoard a back when we moved into the RV.

11. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Remember them? Hah! I still have an old, old laptop in the bottom of the bedroom closet that still uses them!

ethics likes this.
  12. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

First TV: My parent's 25" RCA console TV. In spare bedroom.

First game consoles: Magnavox Odyssey 2, Atari 2600. In the garage.

First computer; Coleco Adam. Currently hooked up to my bedroom tv. All drives still work as does the Daisy Wheel printer.

Jen's first PC: Tandy 1000 RL. On the dresser and still functional.

First Laptop: Digital Equipment Corporation HiNote Ultra 485/50. Kept beside my bed for nostalgia computing.

First PDA; Handspring Visor. Have its replacement around here somewhere (original broke in a fall)

I don't let go of many electronics.

13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Jesus. How big is your place?

14. Brazbit

About 900sqft I think. Pretty big separate garage though. I think it doubles the usable space easily.

15. Biker

Needless to say, the vehicles don't live in Braz's garage. :yellowlaugh:

16. Brazbit

Never understood wasting perfectly good storage space on vehicles. ;) The motorcycle is in there but that doesn't take a lot of room.

ethics likes this.