1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] Woot! I'm Being Attacked!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

It figures he would attack they day after I removed my spies. Well good job flattening this guy. If you need anything let me know.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Thanks, Jim.

I confused my successful defense of his land attack with my first attack on him. It turns out that I have to wait about an hour from now before I can resume attacks, but then three attack slots open up within an hour of 1807 server time. In the meantime I have kept busy collecting measly tribute from his other towns, which are still completely undefended.

Also, his military hasn't grown since my attacks last night. He still has 12 swordsmen in his barracks and in the harbor are 12 flamethrowers, 3 ballistas, and 1 catapult-ship. As soon as my first time slot arrives I think I'll take care of the harbor.

I haven't heard a peep from him. I'm beginning to wonder if he left the game and his attack on me was his swan song. He certainly doesn't know how to play it.

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, if it was his swan song, just farm him for reparations. If it wasn't his swan song... farm him for reparations.

4. SixofNine

Thanks! I noticed his massive knowledge of the game didn't extend to raising the level of his hideout too much. Any time I needed to check his garrison I had a spy in place in five minutes, and every operation was at the low 5% chance of getting caught.

Side note: level 20 hideout = instant spy!

5. SixofNine

De-militarization is complete.

Thanks to whomever finished cleaning out his harbor. I sent a fleet to do just that, but by the time they got there his harbor was already empty. All the better, as that didn't generate a combat report and therefore didn't count as a battle for me with respect to the bashing rule. I just finished sending his last few swordsmen to a far, far, better place. :dreamy:

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Snap! You mean there won't be anyone there to greet my troops when they arrive in 13 hours?

7. SixofNine

Heh, I'll keep you posted. As a rule, all of his towns are going to get six attacks per 24-hours from me, so even if comes back and tries to rearm, don't expect too much resistance.

I will lay off Vines for a while to give his civilian population time to put together a nice welcome basket of wood and wine for you. :)

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

You're far too kind.

9. SixofNine

Well, the little prick is back and has done some military building. I'll clear his harbor right now on my way to bed.

10. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

I'm jealous this sounds like fun... having a gnat to play with in ikariam. I wish I had something other than inactives to play with. Too many big boys in big alliances around me... scares me a bit ;) No stupid players trying to attack me. The only one that tried to attack me failed so miserably that he deleted his account.

11. SixofNine

What's funny is that I was in a complacent, peacetime, inactive-pillaging, mode before the genius attacked me again. When I didn't have any troops or military ships in transit I had a healthy net positive cash flow.

I've been on a war time footing ever since that first attack, and I have built up my military so much that even when I'm completely at rest I have a net hourly deficit of about 4,000 gold. However, I've been pillaging so much to fund my operations that my total income has actually increased dramatically.

12. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

You're lucky. My hourly deficit runs at approx. 9,000.

13. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

good lord man... 9k/hr deficit? i only drop into deficit when I'm maxing out my pillages with 24 attacks going on... I try to keep it around 1-2k in the green so I can load up on boats... Up to 62 boats now...

14. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I run a deficit... about 150-300 gold. Each pillaging run bumps that up to about 2400 gold in the red, I find that acceptable as they bring back about 350K-500K in gold each run., not to mention all the goodies.The only time I maintain a full time deficit over 1K is if someone is poking around my villages or I am about to crack a very lucrative looking city wide open.With level 24+ walls a large defensive force isn't needed so long as it is the right pieces to do the job. I send 4 phalanxes or archers to each city I pillage once it has been added to my list of free loot. When I sent 3 I would occasionally loose one, I don't loose any by sending 4.

15. SixofNine

I'm at -6K at the moment with lots of pillagers at sea, but my cash with pillaging factored in is still increasing.

What's funny is that I raised the money for my most recent cargo ship (#63 for me, too), the most expensive one (of course), faster with this cover-huge-deficit-by-pillaging-like-mad method than I ever did building up a surplus with a positive cash flow.

I'm going to have to scale back soon, as we're going on vacation this weekend. I hope not to go into vacation mode as we'll have a laptop with us, but I won't be able to make all of the short little status-check visits that I can right now. I'll probably fire some troops to get back to a peacetime positive cash flow.

I demilitarized my little friend again today -- not that he had much there. If any of you are reasonably close to me you might want to put his wine town (Vines [25:94]) and his marble town (Quarry [26:93]) on your shopping list. I just needed 17 ships to haul away lumber and wine from Vines and another seven to take home some marble and wood from Quarry. His game stupidity extends to having relatively high-level ports. The hauls from his crystal and sulfur towns have always been paltry.

16. SixofNine

Shucks, I might have to go into vacation mode because Disney charges $10/day for the interwebs.

However, we'll probably pony up a couple of times, so I might risk turtling up and staying active to continue research and resource gathering.

Because I'm going on vacation, I'm conducting a behavioral experiment with my little friend. Every time he has started to build up a military again, I have pounded him. Consequently, a decent interval (in Ikariam time) has passed during which he has not built any ships or recruited any soldiers. He might be getting the picture. I'll continue to watch him closely between now and Saturday morning.

17. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I hit him overnight at Quarry and got an OK haul, so I can keep sending a boat every day if you'd like to ensure he gets the message. 8+ hour trip, though.

SM

18. SixofNine

It's very nice that he has received visits from alliance members, as that should reinforce the lesson that he is being taught. :)

Feel free to pillage him based on your resource needs. His wine town (Vines [25:94]) appears to be his best producer, followed by the marble town you looted.

I just scaled back my military a little while still maintaining an effective defensive posture. I might actually be back to break-even or positive cash flow when I don't have pillagers abroad, but I won't know that until tomorrow morning. :)

If I can swing that I might just stock up my towns with a crapton of wine and roll the dice on staying active when the vacation starts.

19. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I'll continue to send a daily greeting crew as well. ;)

20. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Is this guy still on our shit list? I have been hitting Vines daily. Just received a message from him. All it said was:
    :rofl: