1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] Woot! I'm Being Attacked!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Sep 4, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Lo and behold, he sent me wine first in trade. Maybe I got through to the boy. I actually hope he attacks me, because it would be a lot easier to kill him with my walls, resistance buffs, and workshop upgrades.

It would be slightly more annoying to attack him, but I agree Braz, his choice of building configuration and troops is a sure sign that he is scary good at this game. :whistle:

2. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Actually, he came back from vacation. I hit him once last week, but I don't think he's building up.

3. SixofNine

My poor guy keeps coming up with new ways of showing his expertise. He just sent me a mail that says "Help! I have 23 gold!"

My reply told him to fire his military. :D

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

:haha:

You should invade and be done with it, just to save this tool from himself. Has he contributed to the island resources yet?

SM

5. Sierra Mike

Keep pounding him, Sir J. No retreat, no surrender! ;)

SM

6. SixofNine

Barely. I tried to explain to him that he's a leech, but language is definitely an issue.

7. SixofNine

Unbelievable.

The other day my "friend" sent me the following message:
    Interpreting this as a request for a mercenary, I responded:
    I logged in this morning to check things out and he had attacked me again! To demonstrate his stupidity, he first launched a naval attack from the same island! Unfortunately for me, that zerg attack was successful, but he followed it with a land attack that was easily repelled.

At least I learned a few things about naval order of battle, and to be honest Bethesda was a little light on sea power. My bad, I had focused on building up my crystal town's navy some more because I thought that's where he would attack me (and he doesn't have a town on that island), as he was desperate for crystal earlier.

I sent out some spies to all of his towns except the sulfur one, and lo and behold, he had concentrated all of his military power in his wine town, leaving the others completely undefended. I'm hitting the undefended towns while I rebuild my military on Bethesda. It's over for him.

Here's the sea battle report:

Attacker: ikariam
    Ram-Ship...8 (lost: 2 )
    Flamethrower...50 (lost: 14 )
    Ballista Ship...12 (lost: 4 )
    Catapult Ship...20 (lost: 5 )
    Defender: seidinove
    Flamethrower...10 (lost: 8 )
    Ballista Ship...30 (lost: 24 )
    Catapult Ship...3 (lost: 3 )
    Mortar Ship...3 (lost: 2 )
    Paddle-Wheel-Ram...3 (lost: 2 )

The Attacker won the battle!
    The attacker lost: 2735 wood, 0 wine, 0 crystal, 1616 sulfur
    The defender lost: 5025 wood, 0 wine, 0 crystal, 2438 sulfur
    Battle Result
    Attacker Net: -2735 wood, 0 wine, 0 crystal, -1616 sulfur
    Defender Net: -5025 wood, 0 wine, 0 crystal, -2438 sulfur
    Total Damage: 11814
    Created using Polymorph's CR Converter

And here's his unsuccessful attempt at a follow-up land attack:

Attacker: ikariam
    Swordsman...300 (lost: 252 )
    Phalanx...4 (lost: 2 )
    Ram...9 (lost: 8 )
    Cook...14 (lost: 13 )
    Archer...45 (lost: 38 )
    Defender: seidinove
    Swordsman...30 (lost: 10 )
    Phalanx...50 (lost: 21 )
    Archer...6 (lost: 1 )
    Gunsman...10 (lost: 3 )
    Steam Giant...6 (lost: 1 )

The Defender won the battle!
    The attacker lost: 26932 wood, 1339 wine, 0 crystal, 8452 sulfur
    The defender lost: 5041 wood, 0 wine, 0 crystal, 2768 sulfur
    Battle Result
    Attacker Net: -26932 wood, -1339 wine, 0 crystal, -8452 sulfur
    Defender Net: -5041 wood, 0 wine, 0 crystal, -2768 sulfur
    Total Damage: 44532
    Created using Polymorph's CR Converter

After his unsuccessful land attack this is what he has left in his town of Vines on my wine island on 25,94:

50 Swords, 2 Phalanx, 1 Ram, 1 Cook, 7 Archers
    6 Ram-Ships, 36 Flamethrowers, 8 Ballista, 15 Catapults

Ignore any large dust clouds that you see emanating from that location. :D

8. SixofNine

To speed up the process I had transferred some troops from other towns so that I can attack Vines from Bethesda, my town on the same island. I'm letting the sending towns replenish their troop levels at their leisure, and this has allowed me to launch my first counterstrike against his wine town before he has any chance of rebuilding.

Given that he launched a sea attack against me on the same island, the dummy probably doesn't even realize that his hefty fleet is useless against this attack.

9. SixofNine

What a maroon (I think I've said that before :D ).

I just spied on him again and he's adding swordsmen, up to 64 from my previous report of 50, and he's paying no attention to defense. I'm still going to crush him in a few minutes.

No more communications -- just six attacks every 24 hours. :)

10. SixofNine

Beat him in one round.

I'll have the combat report in 20 minutes, but I need 27 ships to loot him. :happy:

11. SixofNine

Doh, brain cramp. It's only the official loot report that I have to wait for in 20 minutes. Here's the combat report. LOL!

12. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

At least you left him an Archer. :)

13. SixofNine

Not any more. :D

14. SixofNine

Well, my little friend in the town of Vines continues to build himself up. I flattened his garrison completely earlier today and he's back up to 20 swordsmen. I'm going to wait until right before I go to bed tonight to pay him another visit, as I don't want to run up against the bashing rule. Then I'll knock on his door again in the morning. :)

I'm still reconstituting my naval force, but good ships take so much longer to build. In hindsight I should have turned one of my towns into a flamethrower factory and just fed those ships to Bethesda.

I'm transferring more ships in while trying to shore up my defense at the same time. I guess he finished researching Counterweight because he loves catapult-ships. Fortunately, catapult-ships are only 60 attack and 60 resistance and don't have any bonus. He also only had one upgrade, +12 attack, when he attacked my fleet.

I'm assembling a decent collection of paddle-wheels as part of my fleet, and they're triple-upgraded on offense and defense (160 and 144, respectively). Plus, they provide a bonus when attacking. Can't wait to visit him with a healthy fleet of flamethrowers, paddle-wheels, and a few ballistas thrown in.

I'll let you guys know when his harbor has been cleared so you can waltz in with a couple of swordsmen while I rest up to avoid bashing.

He can't build up forever. He doesn't have any loot and his the other towns have no military and almost no supplies. I'm going to Reagan his Soviet Union. :salute:

15. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes."

:lol:

16. Sierra Mike

What a tool. Decimate him!

SM

17. SixofNine

Well, I got tired of waiting for Gorbachev to tear down the wall so I tore it down myself. :)

I have one more non-bashing attack left until tomorrow morning, so I think I'll clear those swordsmen out of his barracks tonight and resume the harbor sweep tomorrow.

18. Sierra Mike

Woo-hoo!

SM

19. SixofNine

He's now back up to 43 swords, but I'm sending some soldiers over to sing them a lullaby. :p

That's it, I can't attack him again until about 9 in the morning EDT.

20. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Ahh...but we can. ;) I'm not too far away. I'm sending in the troops as we speak. Vine, right?

EDIT: Further away than I thought. 20 hrs. But still sending some.