1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] Farming Inactives?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, May 29, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Been doing that since the first attempt.

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I might be asking/stating the obvious....but you're not using any script blockers, are you? You'll need to disable them in order for the site to work.

3. SixofNine

It might be that -- I use NoScript.

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Scouting

OK, is there a better method than clicking on every island, and looking at all the inactives on that island? I think that script I linked to above requires another script to run properly.

And what standards are most folks using to choose a target? I'm looking for 0 military score, high 6-figure gold reserves, and 5-figure lootable gold, then taking what I happen to pick up otherwise, which often isn't much. Is spying that useful? It almost seems like a waste of time to send a spy out to various cities, since you have to wait for them to come back before you can send them back out.

5. SixofNine

I'll settle for zero military score and high Total Score, as I'm usually focused on a particular wealth item rather than gold.

I'll usually try a spy once or twice on a high-level inactive with a military score. In those cases it's good to see if they kept the wall as high as the hall (it's amazing how many don't), to spy out the garrison, and peek into the warehouse.

If a spy doesn't work I'll send one ram ship to see what's cooking in the harbor. After I crack open the harbor, I'll send one slinger to do the same with the land forces.

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I simply look for inactives on a resource I want that are of a high enough level to possibly have some impressive goods stored up. I could care less about gold. Then I will try and spy out their military.

An ideal target will have some military but not a huge military. A target with zero military probably has already been picked over while one with some military is ripe for the picking. Not that I won't send a couple troops to an inactive without military just to see if I got lucky and he either hasn't been picked over or it was so long ago that he is fat with goods once more.

The best haul I ever made came from three well defended cities of a single player. I lost tons of troops and ships cracking each city open but the amount I hauled away from each was enough to max out all three of my cities warehouses several times over. I had to take days off of pillaging to use or sell it all. I probably made 9000 overall points off that one player. I still get a nice haul each day from him as his towns essentially works for me now.

Huge warehouse + large port + minimal army/navy = worth whatever it takes to crack it open.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Right now I don't have any big tamales, so I'm sending out waves of small invasions that fill 2-5 boats each time. This is bringing in craploads of gold 5k at a time and some nice supplies as well.

Got one filling about 13 boats, that's my biggest at the moment. Look for more inactives shortly, as people abandon their operations due to the recent changes in corruption.

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

How long to "inactives" stick around before they go poof! ?
    I swear I've been pillaging the same few towns for a month or two now.

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

It is a strange formula based on size of town, length of active gameplay, server maintenance and a little bit of LSD added for flavor.

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

LSwho? ;) I don't doubt that for a moment.

11. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

Yeah, I've seen strange trends where some stay for a long time while others go poof in a week or two. Unfortunately I lost some nice ones near me recently, but I've been expanding my view to find more to compensate.