1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] Farming Inactives?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, May 29, 2008.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

<table class="reportTable" id="resources" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="unitname">[​IMG]</td> <td class="count">17,833</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="unitname">[​IMG]</td> <td class="count">1</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="unitname">[​IMG]</td> <td class="count">800</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="unitname">[​IMG]</td> <td class="count">338</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="unitname">[​IMG]</td> <td class="count">9,647</td></tr></tbody></table>
    He is one island away and has just what I need.

Well... if anybody changes their mind...

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I was carousing the waters during lunch today looking for a pillage target. I found the perfect inactive. No alliance affiliation, 0 military score, 2MIL+ gold, and tons of resources! Hit the pillage button. Sent two Phalanx. But I had no action points available. Grrrrrrrr! Now, my friends, do you think I was smart enough to jot down the name of the town and its coordinates.....

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Farming An Inactive With An Alliance

Any thoughts on pillaging an inactive who's part of an alliance? The guy's been inactive since I started. Should I ask his alliance first?

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Yeah, I would ask the alliance first. But I would just look for someone else.
    I finally found a decent target, my last pillage got me:

• 40,970 Gold
    • Building material: 634
    • Wine: 155
    • Marble: 188
    • Crystal glass: 167
    • Sulfur: 14
    And this is on the second pillage. Not bad for sending out one slinger to do the job. He's currently over a million gold with a zero military score.
  5. Sir Joseph

This guy still has a 2.5 million gold score, and I send one slinger and I get roughly the same haul. He's located on Thesyios[24:5] if anyone wants some goodies.
  6. Sierra Mike

Thanks for the tip...

Related question, why is the loot on some of my hauls sucking ass when there's like thousands and thousands in the city, according to my spy reports? I get away with a few dozen pieces at a time.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

His ports are tiny, you cannot load quickly in those towns.
  8. Sierra Mike

Ah, I hate that. :)

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I had a busy weekend. After a couple weeks of work I cracked open three cities held by a guy that has been inactive as long as I have played the game. The cities are all like level 18 with level 10 or higher ports. I nearly went broke cleaning him out as I kept buying ships to haul goods out of his towns.

It was funny as hell to send two units into one of his towns and haul away 36 ships full of goods. Over the course of the weekend I rebuilt my gold reserves but dang what a haul. I even had to take a day to ship resources to my colonies as my capitol was bursting at the seams. A level 12 warehouse just wasn't enough to hold a single days haul. :dreamy:

Unfortunately all this fun caused me to overlook my colonies lack of wine and there was not enough time to ship any from my capitol. So I looked around my colonies and found a couple wine colonies one of which has a level 8 port. My colonies are now near the bursting point in wine.

Everything is in decent shape except I can't find a decent crystal town to loot. That is the only thing keeping me from my fourth colony.
  10. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Got a level 14 that just went inactive on my island. his defenses?

138 slingers LOL.
  11. Domh

Domh Full Member

Anybody nearby want to help out with this?

No change in his forces... but time has made his coffers damn fat.

2,171,486 (39,521)

I have 39 sword, 19 phal and 2 ram to contribute, building swords as fast as I can.

I can blockade with my 5 Ballista and 5 Flame but... no Navy there so...

I would love some assistance if somebody nearby wants to throw in.

WTF? Click on the town at Island view and it says:

• Gold Score:2,171,486 (39,521)
    I have a spy in the town so I click on the town itself and:

• Gold Score:65,645 (1,195)
    Hunh? So... he has mad cash, um, elsewhere? :haha:
  12. Brazbit

That is probably exactly it. I have noticed huge variences between cities held by the same player in gold even though that is supposed to be a lump sum. I think in spending it is communal but each town has it's own treasury when it comes to looting. For instance looting a neighbor on my sulfer island returned 300 gold but looting his wine island returned 5000.
  13. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

It depends on the size of the city. Smaller cities deliver less gold even if the stockpile is huge. So a player might have like 2 million gold, and if you raid a level 3 town of his, you may only get a thousand.
  14. Sir Joseph

Well, my level 13 inactive just came back, so I had to find a new target. I found a marble island in the middle of nowhere with 6 inactives, and a couple with a 1 million+ gold score. If you need, check out Perotia[3:8].
  15. Brazbit

Well I think I found a sign that I might be farming just a little too much. It does not matter how many I buy I am always running out. This is the only thing holding me back. I have enough targets that I rarely come anywhere near bashing anymore.

No wonder they let you buy up to 250 of them...
  16. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

This tool might help you out as you're farming.

Enter your server ID at the top (for beta, it's s2.ikariam.com.

Then, set your XY From and XY To. Best way I've found is to look at the Excel map we've made, and pick a starting and ending range around your city. Note though that the map is 100x100, so you'll still have to eliminate some cities as being too far away.

I then told it to Hide Empty, Show Inactive, and Hide Vacation, and I got a list of 8 inactive cities, their alliances, if any, and their "Length." I'm not sure if Length is the time they've been inactive, or it's supposed to be level. I'm inclined to think it's supposed to be level.
  17. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Heh, poor theandyw. I pounded him a bunch of times, he came back, I sent him a nice note that I wouldn't pillage him when he's active, he said thanks, went inactive again, and I pillaged him again. :D
  18. Sierra Mike

Weird, can't get it to work for me.

19. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Not working for me, either (Firefox 3, if that matters).
  20. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Just put 2 in the first box at top and com in the second box at top