1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] Farming Inactives?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, May 29, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Farming Inactives?

There is a city on another island that is inactive, zero military score, and has a lot of loot. Are we OK with farming inactives? The consensus on the Ikariam forums seems to be that this is an entirely acceptable practice.

2. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

I was thinking of doing that myself. But how do you tell if they have loot, and what their military score is?

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I don't have a problem with it, especially if they have marble :angel:

4. Domh

Domh Full Member

Rules disallow it... that is why folks put their accounts on inactive.

5. SixofNine

The easiest way to see their military score is to install Score Search. This also provides their total score and their gold score.

I found out exactly what loot is sitting in his warehouse from one of my spies. :D

6. SixofNine

Nope, that's vacation. Inactives are people who simply stop playing. In the forums the synonym for "inactive" is "farm."

7. SixofNine

Here's the report I got back when I instructed my spy to nose around the warehouse. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh, and he's not a member of any alliance, either.

8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Oh man, could definitely use some of that! :haha:

9. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I have a similar situation on my island too. Was wondering what to do about it.

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Okay, from where I sit, it's perfectly okay to farm an inactive. It's not like someone is going to get mad at us.

11. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

So by farming I assume we're talking about pillaging?

12. SixofNine

Yes, pillaging an inactive.

13. Domh

Domh Full Member

Reckon so. I have a fattie on my island as well.

So... if my mil score is higher, I win?

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Yeah....I am sitting here trying to figure out how many troops to send.

15. SixofNine

Their town level and wall level will provide some defense.

Remember also that the upkeep costs of troops and ships are double when they're out pillaging.

16. SixofNine

Woot! I pulled the trigger and sent two Ballista ships and two Phalanxes. Combat report attached.

17. SixofNine

Postscript: when the pillager wins the battle, the software figures out automatically how many cargo ships you need to get your booty back home and automatically dispatches them. I needed two cargo ships, which means that my loot is greater than 300 but no more than 600 items.

18. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

This is great! I just farmed a town on my own island (Liberty City, on Hatitia), and won handily with 5 phalanx and 2 slingers. Also had two cargo ships dispatched.

The kind of amusing thing is that I sent my spy to see what was there, but got tired of waiting for his report, and sent my troops in anyway. Still haven't heard back from the spy. :)

19. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

OK, protocol question here.

On Blynios [49:70], Carrara (level 12!) is showing as inactive, but is part of an alliance. There are only 3 members in that alliance. Anyone think it's safe to try and pillage?

20. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

You have to look at their alliance General and see how strong they are. Remember we don't have all our troops really up to full speed and we're spread all over the place, so you may be one your own for a bit.