1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] BAN HAMMER

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Brazbit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

It sometimes requires some digging, but OGame is a Gameforge game. However, a sci fi game sounds like a welcome change.

Travian is a lot like Ikariam.

Gameforge games I have identified:

• AirRivals
    • 4Story
    • Metin2
    • NosTale
    • Gladiatus
    • OGame
    • BiteFight
    • Ikariam
    • Tanoth
    • WildGuns
    • WarpFire
    • BattleKnight

2. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Sci-fi sounds fine with me.

I'm easy, I'll go with whatever everyone else wants.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Sci-fi is cool by me, too...

SM

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Sorry to see things go south like this, but it sounds like fun!

I"m trying to play ogame, and I'm on Universe 5, as Trebor, fwiw.

I'm running in to the same time management issues, though.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Hey, I'm not done killing everything in sight yet.

But yes, sci-fi sounds very cool.

6. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Brian, you find anything about Galactic Imperia Online? I'm not having much luck.

EDIT: N'mind..found this on the website:

The copyright of Galactic Imperia and Imperia Online is held by Imperia Games.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I believe my answer is going to be "Blow it out your butt". Is that diplomatic enough for you guys?

8. MNeedham73

Works for me. ;)

9. Sierra Mike

Gosh, always with the kid gloves. ;)

SM

10. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I hear Copz is allergic to confrontation.

11. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

12. MNeedham73

So, has anyone given any other games a try yet?

13. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Yes, I started a colony in Galactic Imperia last night - Realm 6.

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Not yet. But I did get an email from Ikarium this morning telling my citizens were lining up at my town walls awaiting my return.

15. SixofNine

Sounds good, I'll be happy to give that a shot.

16. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Just registered.

17. Sierra Mike

Same here!

SM

18. SixofNine

Here's the short manual:

Where am I?

You are located on a planet. Your planet is in quadrant which is your living space. In this quadrant there are 25 plnets that can be inhabited by you. Nobody can colonize them except you. This is your Galactic Empire. In the galaxy there are thousands player like you. No one can control foreign land or destroy your buildings and researches, You have Space Stations to defend your planet which can be damaged but cannot be vanished after siege.

What is the goal of the game?

The goal is it to make the most point and to dominate the world alone or with an alliance. There are many ways to do this, whether you chose war or peace is up to you. The points are made by evaluating all you property buildings, research and army.

What to do in the beginning?

The first couple of days you have to make sure your population multiply without any timeouts. To do this you must build Habitats. Your first buildings must be 5-6 levels of Metal mines. Put all of your workers on Metals in the beginning. Building some Genetic engineering labs is also good idea the first 4-5 levels are cheap and will increase your workers growth by about 8 an hour. After you build your 5th level habitatbuild the first level of Space station. That will open the Research station research one level and 1 level Engineering. This is time to consider your strategy (recommended development of Medicine). Remember the Research station decreases the price of all research and the Engineering decreases the price of all buildings.

What then?

Until you gain some experience playing might be better to develop economically. That way even if something goes wrong you can recover. Best thing to do in your first week is to start colonizing planets. To do that you need to develop Terraforming

What about the fleet?

Remember: the fleet costs platinum to upkeep. The only way to save the upkeep is to put your army in a Space station as garrison. If left fleet in orbit It costs you platinum. If you send your fleet in attack, it spends x1.5 the normal amount platinum while space crossing. If you run out of platinum your fleet will start pilling a deficit. While you have negative platinum you cannot move your army or build anything regardless if costs platinum or not.

And one more thing - it doesn't matter if a player is building 1 unit or 1000 - they are all going to get ready for the same ammount of time (it doesn't matter if you are training 1 or 1000 raiders - they all need the same ammount of time to be constructed), so never order 1 unit at a time - order as many as necessary and/or resources are available.

What about the battles with different aims?

There are 3 types of battles
    • Raid attack - pillaging enemy population. That way you decrease opponents economy. Of course there is a cost for this genocide - you will lose reputation.
    • Siege attack - attack enemy fortified positions to take his resources. How much you will take depends on how much cargo you can carry.
    • Space superiority - destroy enemy army to stop his raids over your planets.

19. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Yeah, I got the same one yesterday. I wanted to respond with some smart assed remark, but I figured it probably would drop into some bit bucket and nobody would see it anyway.

I just deleted it.

20. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

My user name is Piob.

I basically got some buildings built and some miners started and went to bed. I'll check it later today to see how they are doing.

Should we start another GADN?